Kevin Talley Mixing Contest - DEATH "Crystal Mountain" cover DIs

I'm wondering which one was your favorite mix - winner or one from the rest?
I liked Matt's tho.

Matt's was great. Only listened to like a third of the mixes. A lot sounded good but not awesome, and sounded very alike. Some sounded like they respected the original sound but did a great processing job. Some changed the sounds a bit (drums replacement, guitars reamping) and sounded great too. A couple didn't sound great.

Congrats HollowmanPL really great mix.Beside his I liked Nezvers mix,nice clarity of instrument and vibe you created with verbs and Benjamin Müller mix,really heavy one :).I and would to say thanks Djabthrash for topic.Thanks mate

P.S. Since didn't post last mix here it's

P.P.S. Thanks for comments guys ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I def don't mind losing to that mix. It was done really well. My only complaint is that there seems to be a lot of lead harmonies and such missing. I wonder if he used the original bass or the one that was redone on here. Either way, great mix! Any details would be awesome.

Congrats HollowmanPL really great mix.Beside his I liked Nezvers mix,nice clarity of instrument and vibe you created with verbs and Benjamin Müller mix,really heavy one :).I and would to say thanks Djabthrash for topic.Thanks mate

P.S. Since didn't post last mix here it's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hkEyMQys4I

P.P.S. Thanks for comments guys ;)

hihat seems a bit too loud and weird sounding (phasey / lo-fi) but otherwise it's a really cool mix !

hihat seems a bit too loud and weird sounding (phasey / lo-fi) but otherwise it's a really cool mix !

Agree,from begging I had problem with cymbals/hi-hat,flip the phase didn't help so I try to cut with frequencies and that helped a little.Loudness of hi-hat is noob fault :).