Kick Ass

I enjoyed the movie, but damn the trailers were SO misleading, I didn't expect the level of blood and violence, overall above average film. My only gripe is that it really should have been called Hitgirl, being that she stole the movie.

I desperately want to dislike that actress based on her involvement in the upcoming American remake of Let the Right One In. Her scene-stealing turn as Hit Girl is making it difficult, however.

I think 'Let the Right One In' is an excellent movie for what it is.
But an American remake would probably ruin it yeah.

Yes it had that majestic dark atmosphere given by the simplicity of Northern surroundings. All that came in contrast with the characters so nicely.

Let the Right One In might be the only vampire movie I've ever enjoyed in a non-"this is so bad it's good" way. Remaking it just seems like a shit plan.

Not a shit plan? Seeing Kick-Ass. It's got a kinda weird mixed message, going from "Superheroes are fucking crazy and anyone who would do that is warped" to "Superheroes are fucking crazy, anyone who would do that is warped, and it's awesome," but Mark Millar's kinda like that. Also, surprisingly strong supporting cast. Check it out.