Kick off! (off topic)

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
being that it is the start of the NFL season, I'm wondering how many of you watch? Do you have a fave team? And who do you like this year?

Me, I'm a Falcons fans, since like 1988, when I followed Chris Miller former Oregon Duck & then NFL crash test dummie...
I like that Micahel Vick is healthy, I think they will have a decent year.
They will at least make the first round of the playoffs & will be in the 1st or 2nd slot in the NFC South.
But...
I think the Dallas Cowboys have a pretty good chance to take it all the way.
Bill Parcells took a team of nobodys last year & made the playoffs! Just think what he'll be able to do with the addition of Eddie George, Keyshawn & Vinny?! I think their odds are pretty good.
How about Deion Sanders coming back for another ring?!
He will add more leadership to the Ravens "D."
They too look good to me.
I think the Panthers were a flash in the pan & reality will hit this season.
I don't much care for the Patriots, but they have a stellar team & they could make the superbowl this year again.
SIXXSWINE-\m/

I'm a fan! And i watch every Sunday! My favorite teams are the San Francisco 49ers and the Denver Broncos. The Broncos being my all time favorite. I bleed blue and orange!!! The 9ers are definitely my second favorite team. And i hate the Raiders, i don't like the Patriots, the Cowboys or The Redskins. They took Clinton Portis from my Broncos. But we got Champ Baily, which is cool. And as for my local team, the San Diego Chargers......eh, i don't hate 'em, but i lost hope for them.

I watch ocasionally, and don't really have a favorite team, I like to hear when the Cowboys are winning and if they are loosing I say, maybe they'll make a comeback in a minute.
I for one would rather be playing,Football,Baseball,Basketball,Tennis,Put-Put-Golf.
Playing football is kinda difficult for me, it's hard to concentrate who is on whos' team when no one has uniforms.
Baseball is my all time favorite to play, I can hit most balls farther than most have enough time to get to even if they run as fast as they can. I learned how to hit center feild when I was young and love playing still. But I don't enjoy watching it though, I find it very boring and it makes me feel like going outside and playing for three hours, then I do.
I hope the Cowboys will get farther this year since they were kinda still new last year, with all the new players and Bill on everyones' ass. I think they'll do good, and hope they at least get to the playoffs.

Like Wicked I watch every Sunday & look forward to it.
It's the only sport that I follow religiously.
Unlike other sports, it comes down to ONE game,
one game to advance 1 the playoffs 1 game to decide
the champ. You can't say that about Hockey, Basketball
& (my least favorite) baseball.

sixxswine said:
(my least favorite) baseball.

Haha.. I'm the opposite, love baseball and hate all other sports. My least favorite is football, can't stand all of the show boating and dancing around after every play. I loved football as a kid but in the early 90's all of that stuff turned me off for good. Started to get into baseball in the early 90's and have been a fan since.

USMC0341 said:
NY Giants, NY Jets and the Raiders (any team with black uniforms and skulls on their helmets rule, even if they are in another state)...
I have to admit, that it appears that the Raider have the most dedicated fans, I mean, these guys dress up for all the games, road or home...
That's fucking dedication!!!!:D
You really think the Jets have a chance in hell?
And will Warner stay the starter for very long in NYC?

I watch football every sunday and monday night, no matter whose playing. My favorite team, which has been my whole life, is the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES. They have a great chance to go all the way.

I am not really much of a fan of other sports (though I did enjoy the Olympics this year) but I watch football as much as possible. I am a die hard Steeler fan (as is my UMOS Steeler pal Abryl, right girlie !?!?!) and a die hard Bama fan.

Bryant

AntonCrowley_16 said:
I watch football every sunday and monday night, no matter whose playing. My favorite team, which has been my whole life, is the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES. They have a great chance to go all the way.
These Eagles are impressive on paper. The got Hugh back, they signed Kearse, Ownes, they have a great group of DB's, RB's & they have an excellent QB.
They don't do too well under pressure, though & I would be very afraid of what kind of a distraction Owens can be in the locker room. He makes Randy Moss look like Mickey Mouse! But as they have improved so have their conference, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Greeno said:
Haha.. I'm the opposite, love baseball and hate all other sports. My least favorite is football, can't stand all of the show boating and dancing around after every play. I loved football as a kid but in the early 90's all of that stuff turned me off for good. Started to get into baseball in the early 90's and have been a fan since.

(Mean Bryant mode on >:p~)

As Arnold would say...... that's because you are a "girlie man." I really try to be a nice guy, but not when it comes to someone who likes baseball over football.

In baseball, you have "extra innings"
Football has "sudden death !!"

I will stop with that kind of stuff because you can find it all over the net, but the truth is, here is what goes on in a baseball game:

One guy throws the ball to another guy with another guy trying to hit the ball with a bat. If he hits the ball, he runs to a base while one or two other guys try and catch the ball.

In football, twenty two guys move at the same time. Each has a certain responsibility, yet their responsibility often changes depending on what 11 other guys do.

(Mean Bryant mode off)

Nothing wrong with being a baseball fan. I even watch play-offs of baseball, basketball and especially college basketball, but nothing is like football to me, both pro and college.

Bryant

sixxswine said:
I have to admit, that it appears that the Raider have the most dedicated fans, I mean, these guys dress up for all the games, road or home...
That's fucking dedication!!!!:D
You really think the Jets have a chance in hell?
And will Warner stay the starter for very long in NYC?

I don't know..... I am being observant, not biased, but you can say the same thing about The Cowboys and Steelers. Huge fan base for those teams. I have lived in Alabama my whole life yet I bleed Steeler black and gold and despite being 6-10 last year (lost 3 starters with injury on the OL) I never waivered.

Bryant

Bryant said:
(Mean Bryant mode on >:p~)

As Arnold would say...... that's because you are a "girlie man." I really try to be a nice guy, but not when it comes to someone who likes baseball over football.

In baseball, you have "extra innings"
Football has "sudden death !!"

I will stop with that kind of stuff because you can find it all over the net, but the truth is, here is what goes on in a baseball game:

One guy throws the ball to another guy with another guy trying to hit the ball with a bat. If he hits the ball, he runs to a base while one or two other guys try and catch the ball.

In football, twenty two guys move at the same time. Each has a certain responsibility, yet their responsibility often changes depending on what 11 other guys do.

(Mean Bryant mode off)

Nothing wrong with being a baseball fan. I even watch play-offs of baseball, basketball and especially college basketball, but nothing is like football to me, both pro and college.

Bryant
hahaha I'ma Baseball guy too :)

JonnyD said:
hahaha I'ma Baseball guy too :)

I am going to kick your ass already. Now it is double. Pussy !!!

:tickled: :tickled: Just joking..... but maybe not. I am 36 years old. Ya wanna have a blocking drill ?

Bryant 185 lbs and will take on anyone 210 and less.

Bryant