Killswitch cover HOLY DIVER : Your thoughts

Apr 9, 2004
I wonder who recorded / mixed / mastered it

any ideas ????

the tone is fucking killer and i heard it was a Soldano SLO100 with warren haynes and depth mods done to it by Mr Mike Soldano himself

I didn't Howard could sing like that. He's a long way from Blood Has Been Shed, but he's a damn fine singer.

Kazrog said:
Just heard the clip on Kerrang's site. That is some seriously badass shit!!!

Can't wait to hear the whole song.
Same here. Howard is a great singer.

It's not a bad version at all. Vocalist nails it perfectly... right up until he starts the cookie-monster bullshit at least. ;)

The guitars sound good, but unfortunately they've seemingly forgotten the groove of the original whilst trying to nuMetal it up. Where's the swing guys, it's way too mechanical.

Muttley

LOL, the managed to make DIO sound like MetalCore... %)

What do you think of Mullet For My Valentine's version of Ozzy's Crazy Train? I hope that they'll play that when I'm going to see 'em in ~10 days.

I think it's an awesome cover, Howard's voice is great. Sounds really good too. Drums sound very natural to me, a lot moreso than on The End of Heartache at least.

Oh, and nice cymbal cutout right before the fill at about :54 Adam. :lol:

Kazrog said:
The original technically didn't "swing" either, if we're being technical. :loco:

OK, OK. Maybe I should have said groove. ;)

My comment still stands though. :)

Muttley

SickBoy said:
Oh and don't listen to Arch Enemy's Symphony Of Destruction, a perfect example how to ruin a great song. :puke:

I didn't think that was too bad TBH. But then, I'm not a big fan of the song anyway.

Muttley