Official - "Holy Diver" tribute discussion thread

Sounds like [ ] shit [x] the shit

:hotjump:

How about trying to make the you're the cat in the blue coming after you line with only one singer, now it's a bit "distractingly busy"? Use the one that you think sounds best. Some of the sibilances are really rough, especially on Joe's tracks.

the problem with this phrase is:

1) I really like all 3 singers on that very much
2) Rhythm is quite different on each
3) They dont say the same (recognized this only yesterday lol)
I'll see what I can do :wave:

Suonds awesome... i like

borat_cannes_2.jpg

:lol:

Thanks a lot guys!
You remind me that I should finish this one too until the 20th ^^

I don't know about the midi drums, anssi programmed most of it and I modified and humanized them. Also don't know if you woud be happy with it as it has some crazy mapping going on (wanted to finish it and didn't care how it looked)

I'll just join in on the buttkissing, I love how this song is turning out. I also want to mention the bass tone, it sounds super awesome and the playing is perfect for the song and the whole mix, it has that clankiness of the original but mixed in with the huge low end of a metal mix, and the playing is much tighter with the guitars than the original which was much more loose and un-heavy IMO

so great job to everyone!

Thanks again guys and danny for the words about the mix ;)
I'm pretty sure that I'll take a look at the vocals again and try to make them fit together even a bit more + give the mix a bit of a fresh little tweaking!

No worries about the drum file. Just that I was taken by how amazing it sounds (fantastic update of the original, and I even prefer it over the KSE version) and was inspired to have a go myself, and know my drum programming wont be anywhere near as good this! Anyway, awesome work by all.

No worries about the drum file. Just that I was taken by how amazing it sounds (fantastic update of the original, and I even prefer it over the KSE version) and was inspired to have a go myself, and know my drum programming wont be anywhere near as good this! Anyway, awesome work by all.

I actually programmed it 80% like the original, but to the grid compared to the original which was all over the place and speeding up towards the end. I didn't humanize the velocities as I didn't know what drum library was going to be used on the final product or how the rest of the song would sound. I just added some extra hits for grooves and Marco changed some of the parts to fit the song and added the powermetal doublekicks for the solopart and did something to the fadeout part.

I'll just join in on the buttkissing, I love how this song is turning out. I also want to mention the bass tone, it sounds super awesome and the playing is perfect for the song and the whole mix, it has that clankiness of the original but mixed in with the huge low end of a metal mix, and the playing is much tighter with the guitars than the original which was much more loose and un-heavy IMO

so great job to everyone!

:oops::oops:

5string with EMGs and picked the living fuck out of it... DICK PICKING!!

It helps that the guitars and drums I recorded along to were amazing!!

:kickass: