Official - "Holy Diver" tribute discussion thread

Thanks a lot guys, I'm really unhappy that I don't have as much time for it as I would want to have right now, but I'll do my best to not rush anything and deliver something killer ;)
The hardest part is through anyway, making the vocals sound even was quite a bit of work...3 different singer, 3 different mics, 3 different rooms...
Making Johnnies voice not stick out too much without burrieing it was quite a challange too haha
its also funny how much similar the "new" mix sounds to the older one lol

and Dani, no worries, that's still on the todo list next time the mic is set up :headbang:

This is probably my favorite one of the tributes. The 3 singer lineup is extraordinary to put it mildly.

Awesome work, I want more!

This is probably my favorite one of the tributes. The 3 singer lineup is extraordinary to put it mildly.

But the funny part is that the performance is 90% like on the original with a slight hint of modern twist like drums on grid and the powermetal part on the solo. So the production on the original just sounds a bit dated, but the songwriting is way superior than most of the stuff coming out lately

Glad you still like it guys.
One more mixing session and it should be done. I always fight with vocal levels, and this one isn't exactly the easiest one I've done so far :lol:

Thanks man! The 3 singer vocal lineup was quite challenging to work with, but I also love how it turned out :headbang:

But the funny part is that the performance is 90% like on the original with a slight hint of modern twist like drums on grid and the powermetal part on the solo. So the production on the original just sounds a bit dated, but the songwriting is way superior than most of the stuff coming out lately

Wouldnt say that drums are on grid, I think I fucked with them quite a bit ;)
The low-leveled-synths are what makes it so awesome :lol:

Wouldnt say that drums are on grid, I think I fucked with them quite a bit ;)

I mean that the original doesn't stay on the click. I had to stretch the end of the original song A LOT to put it on grid.

The low-leveled-synths are what makes it so awesome :lol:

And the best part is that they are supporting nicely, and if you don't know they are there, you might not even notice them :)

Out of interest, what synth(s) do you use for this sort of thing?

The ones I did were something that was included in Cubase. The version where they are in the front is here, but I'm not 100% sure if this was the final version

edit:

@Mago: I listened to the mix with the iMac speakers and noticed that the vocals are a bit buried in the mix, so maybe bring the band down like a dB or two?

Awesome! Who are the singers on this?

Johnny Locke & Joeym from this forum + my GF/band's singer

The ones I did were something that was included in Cubase. The version where they are in the front is here, but I'm not 100% sure if this was the final version

edit:

@Mago: I listened to the mix with the iMac speakers and noticed that the vocals are a bit buried in the mix, so maybe bring the band down like a dB or two?

yeah cubase intern synth stuff it was...also dunno anymore if that one was the one we used or not

yep Anssi, my thoughts exactly

small "pump"
11327.jpg

cause the deadline is close and if it needs something done it should be soon.
else I take it as finished ;D