Official - "Holy Diver" tribute discussion thread

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys! I tried looking and couldn't find anything. But I figured I'd try get the ball rolling on this one. I will get my lead parts done to a click by some point next week. But before I do, I am curious as to what tuning we want to do this to? We can either keep it to the original *E i believe* or we can attempt to be a little more original with it, but then it's not REALLY a tribute IMO.

My band will be playing a Holy Diver tribute at our next gig, and essentially I just transposed the song so that it could be played in Drop B etc kind of like killswitch, but with the original riffs/ notes etc. So that's an option/

But if you guys are happy, the original way seems fine to me and probably is the best to use.

Thoughts??

Cheers,
Chris

I didn't create this thread because the lineup isn't complete yet without a drummer, but you can go on ahead, I will only ask melb shredder to please copy the lineup from the main thread and paste here in the OP, just to keep it organized, and if you can make a good sounding drum track well go ahead and do it

yes, a guy named Joeym is appointed for singing this. Loren I loved your singing in the Armadillo song, but for now all vocal spots are taken it seems. I might open up one or (maaayyybeee) two songs more in a few days when all lineups for these ones are finished, hopefully you could jump in on one?

Yah, that's what I'm thinking. But I want to have a drum track before I start laying down the boom boom. lol.

Also, it's not going to matter if we all do DIs for the project to all be reamped for consistency. Any consensus on that yet?