Official - "Holy Diver" tribute discussion thread

This...

Mahogany bass, I put the EMGs in myself... both going through a single volume pot... not tone or eq... 18v

Jazz III XL series pick...

Marco what did you run it through at your end??

I think it was Amplitube3 one amp for low end rumble, one for grind. both in one instance of AT3 (nowadays I always copy the DI track and process in serperatly). Loads of comp and some eq.
have to take a look at the session to know which amps I used though^^

I played the song last week in a bar and everybody loved it and they were asking what awesome band made that song.

And i'm still loving the version with female vocals only ... could you maybe upload a version with less reverb (cause the previous one had a lot).

I played the song last week in a bar and everybody loved it and they were asking what awesome band made that song.

And i'm still loving the version with female vocals only ... could you maybe upload a version with less reverb (cause the previous one had a lot).

Haha great to hear that man :D
Sure, I can make another mixdown with her vocals only for you when I finish the mix off.

Thank you, i know a lot of people love the female vocal version!
Is the female vocalist from your band? I really dig here kind of singing.

Thanks man, yeah she's my girlfriend and my bands singer :)
check ou my sig, maybe you like what you hear ;)
I'm working on a full lenght for my band right now, I hope it will be out early 2011.
When the tribute version is finished I'll also do the female only and post it here
or shoot you a pm or something,ok?
I'll have time beginning of next week for this mix, when my pc is working again, I want to finish this soon :devil:

Since there's no deadline still (at least I think?) I prefer to finish this when I have more time for it!
If there's a deadline again and I missed it tell me please though^^

Sooooooooo....

since I needed a day off of my bands album and the other full lenght I'm mixing at the moment I decided to finish this off.
I had a pc crash in october, so opening the old session would have been a PITA with all the paths changed, so I decided to "remix" it.
Turned out pretty pretty similar to the old mix, there's not much difference :lol:
Worked mainly on the vocals, to make them sound more even and similar EQwise.
still need to do some volume riding on them, making them more quiet in the parts were all 3 sing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Mixes/HolyDiver_AllVocals_MagoMix3 - 25112010.mp3

Is it just me or are the guitars are a bit more... edgier? Raw? Sounds like they're less EQ'd or something. Nonetheless, it's not a flat out bad thing. Really the only thing I could notice that's changed. Still sounds awesome :)

yeah I went easier on the EQ for the rhythms on that one, not as much high end as in the other mixes.
still think I need to tweak some things but I guess it shouldnt take too long