King Diamond

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Any King Diamond fans out there?!
I am not a huge fan. I picked up a couple the other day.
Saw him on the "Them" tour it was an experience.
I picked up the Abigail disc with the extra tracks.
This could be his best solo disc. I'm not familiar with his "newer" stuff.
His concept stuff is cool but you can only take so much, you know?!
The other disc was the "Voodoo" disc. Not as good.
:devil:

love kd and mf, i got dont break the oath from mf, and abigail from kd, i love both of the cds and i want to see kd live someday. The song dont break the oath rules, its my favorite.

SLAYER85 said:
love kd and mf, i got dont break the oath from mf, and abigail from kd, i love both of the cds and i want to see kd live someday. The song dont break the oath rules, its my favorite.

I have to pick that MF disc then. I haven't actually bought any MF discs. I have heard tracks here & there. I got into King Diamond with his solo stuff. That was back in '88. I never bothered to pick up any MF stuff. Damn, I am old....:D

The Abigail, Them, Conspiracy trilogy from King Diamond is his best work. I like the Eye, too. Abigail is a classic--one of the first all-digital recordings (in 1987), and some great songs.

Most consider Mercyful Fate to be superior. I think it's pretty close. I'd grab Melissa and Don't Break the Oath at the same time. Both are classics. Just remember what time period you are listening to--it was awhile ago, like before you could pre-program a great album production on your computer! Early 'Fate made incredible music with what they had available, which was almost nothing.

Soul_Schizm said:
The Abigail, Them, Conspiracy trilogy from King Diamond is his best work. I like the Eye, too. Abigail is a classic--one of the first all-digital recordings (in 1987), and some great songs.

Most consider Mercyful Fate to be superior. I think it's pretty close. I'd grab Melissa and Don't Break the Oath at the same time. Both are classics. Just remember what time period you are listening to--it was awhile ago, like before you could pre-program a great album production on your computer! Early 'Fate made incredible music with what they had available, which was almost nothing.

Thanks for the tip. I bought those three KD records way back when, when I bought cassettes! I've got Abigail & am looking at getting the other two. I will look out for those MF discs. Maybe I can score them on ebay?:headbang:

I also love Mercyful Fate & King Diamond, though I don't have all of their albums (a shame!). Mercyful Fate is still a greater favorite for me than King's solo-career. Melissa is by far my favorite MF album, it's so fucking perfect! I don't know why I haven't purchased Don't Break The Oath yet, but I definitely should! The Nuns Have No Fun MLP is also great and I also like their comeback album In The Shadows. As for King Diamond, my favorites are Conspiracy and The Spider's Lullabye.

I would have to say that I like KD and MF equally. I have Voodoo and House of God from KD and A Dangerous Meeting from MF. I've been meaning to pick up more, but haven't had the chance. Good stuff. :headbang:

I was a King D. fan years ago, but sold out everything I had. Lately I´ve been getting back into his stuff, and building uo my collection once again. Teaching here: THINK TWICE OR MORE BEFORE SELLING YOUR RECORDS!!!!

Have to agree with some here that Mercyful Fate albums are better vs King Diamond material. I can really only strongly recommend first two KD albums:
FATAL PORTRAIT
ABIGAIL

THEM is over-rated and actually crosses the line into corny a few times, I know it is ABIGAIL part II, but it pails in comparison. All the later 1990's KD stuff is only average and never approaches the quality of his earlier work.
I was a King D. fan years ago, but sold out everything I had. Lately I´ve been getting back into his stuff, and building uo my collection once again. Teaching here: THINK TWICE OR MORE BEFORE SELLING YOUR RECORDS!!!!
I sold all my 1990's KD stuff, but don't regret it and don't plan on ever getting them agaim, too much other better stuff out there.

JonnyD said:
Mf In the shadows cant BEAT EGYPT

KING DIAMOND: The Spiders lullabye

Two great albums that I highly recomend

Heavy Metal or NO Metal at all :devil:

Egypt is a great track. I remember they did a video for that one. I'm looking for that now. How about Return of the Vampire? I think if they hadn't noted that Lars played on that I would have ever known...
Will be looking for more KD/MF stuff....

sixxswine said:
Egypt is a great track. I remember they did a video for that one. I'm looking for that now. How about Return of the Vampire? I think if they hadn't noted that Lars played on that I would have ever known...
Will be looking for more KD/MF stuff....

The vid for egypt is fukin cool I still have it Return of the vamp is a cool tune good shit there

I am picking up 2 Mf albums From Metalblade.com Go over there and check out there deals on cassettes there is some awsome shit there for real cheap!!!!

JonnyD said:
The vid for egypt is fukin cool I still have it Return of the vamp is a cool tune good shit there

I am picking up 2 Mf albums From Metalblade.com Go over there and check out there deals on cassettes there is some awsome shit there for real cheap!!!!

I picked up House of God from HALF.COM.
The disc was still sealed for $5.00!
You can't beat that. This disc is pretty good.
Does anyone think that this is the closest KD has sounded to Mercyful Fate? It sound more like a MF disc to me.....Can't complain, great story behind this & great songs.:devil: