King Diamond

i had the Return of the Vampire tape , an album mostly of unreleased tracks and early versions of the songs. I personally i liked it. The reason of putting all in past , is because the tape was damaged , and i throw it to trash can. Looking forward for the cd.

sixxswine said:
I would recommend the "THEM" remaster, has a couple of rehearsal tracks on there. Real raw & great to hear the rough versions. Great disc. I'm looking for ABIGAIL II next. Hope that lives up to the hype. House of God is pretty good.

Well, I just got my copy of Abigail II in the mail.
This motherfucker kicks ass! There's something different about King's approach to this one & I can't put my finger on it yet....
I alos got the MF Melissa & Don't Break the Oath remasters...
The discs are "gold" anyone know if this how they all come?!
I was disappointed at how the only bonus track between the two discs was a demo on "Oath..."
The better of King's most recent discs in my opinon are House of God(I just love this one!) &
Abigail II. That's just me though. All his classic stuff kills.:saint:

Att EVERYONE: THEM IS NOT Abigail II. Whay do a few people here say that? The stories have nothing to do with each other.

Anyway, I am a huge KD fan from the 80's and NOTHING beats ABIGAIL! THEM is very good but no ABIGAIL. I feel Conspiracy is overrated. As far as his new stuff goes, ABIGAIL II and HOG are both decent albums with each having bright spots here and there. There are many parts lately that sound way too familar (chorus in "A Mansion In Sorrow" ). The only bad album he has put out is the very pathetic VOODOO. Just far too many characters in the story and the music suffers because of it. Free free to rate these albums at my KING DIAMOND info page: http://www.666metal.com/bandlist/showband.cfm?bandID=70 . You can read my review of ABIGAIL II there.

SergeantD1 said:
Att EVERYONE: THEM IS NOT Abigail II. Whay do a few people here say that? The stories have nothing to do with each other.

Anyway, I am a huge KD fan from the 80's and NOTHING beats ABIGAIL! THEM is very good but no ABIGAIL. I feel Conspiracy is overrated. As far as his new stuff goes, ABIGAIL II and HOG are both decent albums with each having bright spots here and there. There are many parts lately that sound way too familar (chorus in "A Mansion In Sorrow" ). The only bad album he has put out is the very pathetic VOODOO. Just far too many characters in the story and the music suffers because of it. Free free to rate these albums at my KING DIAMOND info page: http://www.666metal.com/bandlist/showband.cfm?bandID=70 . You can read my review of ABIGAIL II there.

Man, who the hell said "THEM" was "ABIGAIL II?!"
Just wondering where you read that?:D
I don't know why I'd have to check out your review(of Abigail II) though.
To summarize what you just posted, you're a fan, you think Abigail
is his best work & NOTHING KD has done since has topped it.:p

sixxswine said:
Man, who the hell said "THEM" was "ABIGAIL II?!"
Just wondering where you read that?:D
I don't know why I'd have to check out your review(of Abigail II) though.
To summarize what you just posted, you're a fan, you think Abigail
is his best work & NOTHING KD has done since has topped it.:p

I read it on this thread WHERE ELSE? It sometimes helps if you read every post before asking. And what the hell does my review of Abigail II have to do with Abigail being my favorite album:err: You don't want to read it, DON'T READ IT!!!

I don't know why you start a post to get some feedback and then look to criticize what someone has to say?

SergeantD1 said:
I read it on this thread WHERE ELSE? It sometimes helps if you read every post before asking. And what the hell does my review of Abigail II have to do with Abigail being my favorite album:err: You don't want to read it, DON'T READ IT!!!

I don't know why you start a post to get some feedback and then look to criticize what someone has to say?

DON'T BE SUCH A BABY! I JUST MANAGED TO SUMMARIZE YOUR PARAGRAPH LONG POST IN ONE SENTENCE & I JUST SAID I WASN'T READING YOUR REVIEW!!!!!!:cry: JEEEEEEEEZUS!

King Diamond and Mercyful Fate `kin rule!
My favorite solo album is The Spider's Lullabye and fave Fate is Time.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out just yesterday that King is coming to Jaxx in Springfield VA on November 14th.
Only 4 months to go! :kickass:

I am a big King Diamond fan. I have all his works. I have all the 80s solo material on vinyl. I also possess 3 Mercyful Fate Bootlegs.

One year I when I was like 13 or 14, I dressed up like King Diamond for Halloween. Scared the shit out of everyone on the block, hehe.

Reactions: MP-AKK
sixxswine said:
Picked up MF's "9" disc today. Not a bad price @ $8.00 used. Looks spotless. I listened to it once today.
It's almost like this disc is more melodic than anything I have heard from KD. Is that how all their stuff is?:zzz:

nope, dont break the oath, melissa, nuns have no fun are some of the greatest albums of all time, the vocals and music are amazing. but "9" is still ok

I too am a huge fan of KD and MF. I have a pile of KD vinyl including The Lake pic disc. I think I like the older stuff by both bands better but some of the more recent stuff is pretty good too. I have a lot of memories wrapped up in those old ones since I've been listening to them since '86.

I am a huge fan of Mercyful Fate and King Diamond. My favorite King Diamond album is Abigail and my favorite Mercyful Fate album is Melissa. I can't wait to see King this fall. He is touring with Entombed who I don't know much about. Also there is a new band out there you all should check out called Force Of Evil. The lead singer is the singer from power metal band Iron Fire and the rest of the band are all Mercyful Fate members ad a King Diamond member. They are really good and you can hear the classic Mercyful Fate guitar sound all over it.

The Kingster is an absolute legend. My favourite albums would have to be Conspiracy and Abigail. Both bands are awesome, although they've been a little hit and miss since King decided to restart Mercyful Fate at the same time. It seems like they were trying to record albums to quickly without much time for songwriting in between.

If you hear the new stuff though they all stack up as good releases, but they just don't quite have the depth of songwriting/musicianship that a lot of the earlier releases had. I mean, they spent 5-6 years writing the first two MF records, and then the last few only had a year in between them. Very difficult to release a great quality album when you haven't got time to craft the songs. That and the constant line-up changes I think make it hard for them to build any consistency.

Although at the rate King Diamond goes through guitarists I'll hopefully be playing for them by 2010.:)