Kiuas for Prog!

DEATHZILLA

Oct 2, 2006
Kiuas destroy me with Metal Fury! They are very technical. Great guitar work @ progressive in their style swinging from Power Metal to Melodic Metal, and Black metal, to the crushing Thrash and the awsome keybord work thrown in with Clean good vocals with growls well placed. I cant say enough about this band would love to see them at Prog. With 2 cds out on SpineFarm well worth people to listen too!

They're the best band people haven't heard of.

Zod

I find it amusing that I HAVE heard of them and have one of their CDs, versus not knowing as intimately any of the bands announced for this years bill. My world works funny.

We should fix this by having them play ProgPower!

Kiuas destroy me with Metal Fury! They are very technical. Great guitar work @ progressive in their style swinging from Power Metal to Melodic Metal, and Black metal, to the crushing Thrash and the awsome keybord work thrown in with Clean good vocals with growls well placed. I cant say enough about this band would love to see them at Prog. With 2 cds out on SpineFarm well worth people to listen too!

Links?

Seventh Wonder- Waiting in the Wings

Kiuas homepage *www.kiuas.net*

Contact information available at their website on the Links-page
Their MySpace seems to be available for invited friends only at the moment.

Their newest, Reformation (2006) is a great album, but IMO, The Spirit Of Ukko (2005) is even better :headbang: Pay especially attention to the vocalist Ilja Jalkanen's strong and flexible voice. Da man rocks big time. :kickass:

Kiuas homepage *www.kiuas.net*

Contact information available at their website on the Links-page
Their MySpace seems to be available for invited friends only at the moment.

Their newest, Reformation (2006) is a great album, but IMO, The Spirit Of Ukko (2005) is even better :headbang: Pay especially attention to the vocalist Ilja Jalkanen's strong and flexible voice. Da man rocks big time. :kickass:
Sent them a message on Myspace. They probably have no idea anyone hear listens to them.

I agree, about their cds. Like Reformation but totally LOVE Spirit Of Ukko. It's one of my favortie cd's. Almost never comes out of rotation. Both cd's should make it onto BeyondEarCandy radio this weekend.

"Winds sweep the snooooooow......"

This stuff is cool as all hell! Great dark, thrashy power metal... sounds like something that any fan of Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Morgana Lefay, or Tarot would go apeshit for.

I'm not hearing any black metal influence in there anywhere... can someone put up some clips of that?

This stuff is cool as all hell! Great dark, thrashy power metal... sounds like something that any fan of Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Morgana Lefay, or Tarot would go apeshit for.

I'm not hearing any black metal influence in there anywhere... can someone put up some clips of that?

I don't have any clips of it, but if you can, check out the song "Black Winged Goddess." It has sort of black-metalish drumming during the intro. They have another song that has a lot of black-metal-like tremolo picking, but I'm drawing a blank as to which song it is. I guess I just have to listen to the albums again!