Know Anything About AP Tests?

skeptik

Feb 7, 2003
Well, this is in American school systems, so...

The AP (Advanced Proficiency) program is basically like, the top classes and crap, which is normally reserved for Juniors and Seniors (in highschool). For every AP course you take (you have to be recommended by your teachers to take one), you take and AP test near the end of the school year (in May).

This year, I was in 2 AP courses, but I only took one test, because my AP History course is two years. I recently got my grades back, and after a letter sent from my Psychology teacher to me (I took the AP Psychology test...), I found out that I was the first Sophomore in my school's history to get a 5 (the highest score) on any AP test...

Next year I'll have 3 AP courses...but now to my point. For those of you who've dealt with these tests before, what were your scores?

Oh, and this is officially my 666th post.:wave:

Hello, nice work on your test.

I took 8 AP tests and got 5's on all of them but English. Got a 4 on that one. The others were Biology, Chemistry, Statistics, Comp Sci AB, Calculus BC, Physics C: Mech, and Physics C: E&M.

So UI, you're not really an idiot then :lol:

We don't have crappy AP tests, we have a good education system.

I took the English Lit AP test in May. AP English was the only AP class offered at our school :rolleyes:

I got a 3 on it. I probably could've gotten a 4, but I didn't try very hard at all because I didn't really want to skip English 200.

@Useful Idiot: WOW! Good job :)

My advice: Take all the AP stuff you can. Good experience.

*edit* @Dodens: congrats to you too :) I just read about your 5 in Psych

Useful Idiot said:
I took 8 AP tests and got 5's on all of them but English. Got a 4 on that one. The others were Biology, Chemistry, Statistics, Comp Sci AB, Calculus BC, Physics C: Mech, and Physics C: E&M.
JESUS CHRIST! You are obviously an over acheiver... which is probably the best compliment there is.:loco:

I took only 2 AP's: Calc AB and Physics B... and got 4 on them. Still good. :p

But i dont plan on doing anything in either of those categories. I might just become a poor intelligent musician. :Smug:

:D

Wow, impressive work, Dodens and Useful.

I got 3's on Calc BC and Chem ( :erk: ), and a 5 on Lit.

Didn't matter though, because my SATs exempted me from all the same university courses those AP scores would have. *thumbs nose at those meanie graders* :p

yeah, my 3 didn't get me squat either. ACT scores and Dual Credit got me out of what my 3 would have gotten me out of. But the standards at my school are so low that a 3 is worth credit, whereas, from my understanding, a 4 is necessary for most places. Not sure about that though....

You know what my favorite thing about this forum might be? Everyone here seems to be really smart....coincidence? I think not ;)

I'm familiar enough with them
*hugs AP tests that prevented him from taking anymore math or science or history ever again*
I took AP English Literature (5), Ap English Language (4), AP European History (3), AP Calculus AB (5), AP Calculus BC (4), and AP Biology (3)

you can half tell which classes I fell asleep in.

My Ap Euro teacher was (and is) a TOTAL FUCKING MORON, PERIOD. she is dumber than a sack of shit, and even making that comparison insults the shit.

Ap biology, similar story, plus I fell asleep every day.

Lang and Lit, I was awake but read half of each book or so.

Calc...everyone was surprised. I thought I had the wrong scores. I fell asleep EVERY DAY and almost NEVER did my homework. I have no idea how those happened.

Yes, I'm one of those "coast through" types.

Useful Idiot said:
Hello, nice work on your test.

Wow I like, took all those too, and got the same scores as you. Thats probably because we were in the same class. and I saw you every school day for 4 years. But im just that much cooler because i got a 3 in US History. O wait that makes me a loser at history.

damn, I forget.

I took AP United States History. I forget what I got on the test.

I should have taken AP European History as well, but figured "eh, I'll learn it in college, and I'll need some more amth for college" and ended up taking Trig/Pre-Calculus. I ended up nearly failing Trig/Pre-Calculus and went to a college that was all "omg Europeans were EVIL!11!11!" and above all that didn't have math requirements.

*grumble*

I took US History, Euro History, Language and Comp, Lit, ... I was going to take physics too, but decided to coast through after finding out the college course in physics was way easier. I think I got mostly 3's and 4's. I ended up with 9 hours of credit before college, but when you have a degree with 163 credit hours it still takes for bloody ever.

All in all I would recommend taking AP until your Senior year. Then slack off as much as possible because you won't get another chance. I ended up having only three or four classes my senior year, and just bumming around. I enjoyed that a lot.

I took an AP English test last year. Got a 1. Mainly because I hate writing essays with the passion of one millions burning suns, and I'm a typical stupid American teenager.

<shakes fists>