newer rpgs

Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 were good games but not great... but 4 BLEW FUCKING MONKEY DICKS. It was horrible. It was laughable. It was beyond easy and the lack of story was so boring. I couldn't bring myself to play it after a few hours of complete boredom, so I just played Vagrant Story instead (which turned out to be one of the three best Squaresoft PSX games).

Oyo said:
I actually got stuck on that fight the third time I played it, which is the latest play-through for me.

Simply because I wasn't a high enough level, and I can't go back and level up because it won't let you on that fight.

I lose the mission before I'm actually able to move any of my characters. That dumbfuck heavenknight runs into the fray and gets killed by an assassin before I can move any of my units, AGH!

I can keep her alive fine, but those stupid assasins freeze my fighting characters and kill them off.

changso said:
Please tell me, why each time you "don't like" something you always have to shit over it in such an offensive way?
Bah nevermind, I already know the answer.

What?

Is Iandork a redneck too? :confused:

:rolleyes:

For all of you Final Fantasy Tactics fans, have you played any of the other great PSX turn based strategy games?

Vandal Hearts was almost on par with FFT, but a bit too short and not nearly enough customization, and Vandal Hearts 2 was an awesome incredibly long game at over 50 hours... and it had a very different take on the turn based idea as you and the enemy would take turns simultaneously (which actually in the end made it a bit more easy as I completely understood the AI to a level that I haven't with many other games).

There was another that I had burned which I forget the name, I never got into it though because I couldn't understand the game as I didn't have a manual.

FFT is the best in this style, but the second best would have to be Shining Force 2 for the Genesis, that game was so awesome it almost brought me to tears. I never played the Saturn sequel, as it wasn't properly released in the US... but oh do I wish I had. I bet it could have actually been better than FFT, just like Phantasy Star 4 for the Genesis was just as good as FF6 for the SNES, just not as well known because Sega wasn't as beloved as Nintendo.

FFT... that good? YES. And more. It's the best FF game and the second best PSX game (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the best for you nonsavvy people).

Front Mission... I played the demo of 3 and liked it but never got it. The demo was fun though.

Well... RPGs... been into them for a long time. My favorites include the Phantasy Star series, Final Fantasy... and those turn based Civ. type games.

Personally though, my favorite of all time, is Everquest. Goddamn, been playing it for 3 years, and I still have much to do. Anyone else play?

LuminousAether said:
FFT... that good? YES. And more. It's the best FF game and the second best PSX game (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the best for you nonsavvy people).

I whole-heartedly agree with you. Symphony of the Night is one of the best games ever created.