Korpiklaani headlines the States AGAIN!

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
Finnish folk metallers KORPIKLAANI will embark on a North American headlining tour in January. Support on the trek will come from SWASHBUCKLE :puke:, :headbang:TÝR:headbang: and WHITE WIZZARD.

The dates are as follows:

Jan. 08 - Palladium - Worcester, Massachusetts
Jan. 09 - Club Soda - Montreal, Quebec
Jan. 10 - Opera House - Toronto, Ontario
Jan. 11 - Blondie's - Detroit, Michigan
Jan. 12 - Jaguar Club - Chicago, Illinois
Jan. 13 - Peabody's - Cleveland, Ohio
Jan. 14 - Gramercy Theater - New York, New York
Jan. 15 - The Sterling Hotel - Allentown, Pennsylvania
Jan. 16 - Jaxx - Springfield, Virginia
Jan. 17 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, North Carolina
Jan. 18 - Masquerade - Atlanta, Georgia
Jan. 19 - Czar - Tampa, Florida
Jan. 21 - Emo's - Austin, Texas
Jan. 22 - Ridglea Theatre - Ft. Worth, Texas
Jan. 23 - The Flytrap Music Hall - Tulsa, Oklahoma
Jan. 24 - Launchpad - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Jan. 25 - Club Red - Tempe, Arizona
Jan. 26 - Key Club - Hollywood, California
Jan. 27 - Ramona Main Stage - Ramona, California
Jan. 28 - DNA Lounge - San Francisco, California
Jan. 29 - Satyricon - Portland, Oregon
Jan. 30 - Studio Seven - Seattle, Washington
Jan. 31 - Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, British Columbia

Didn't get to see these dudes on Paganfest, so I'm fucking excited. Been a fan of Korpiklaani since the first 2 albums. Hope I get to go to this.

Although, I gotta say, I'm underwhelmed by Swashbuckle...who are on way too many fucking tours for their own good. One could argue the same about Tyr, but I fucking love them, so I'll see them any chance I can.

Fuck yes. Was just about to post this but you beat me to it. I almost went to Kentucky for Paganfest 2 but it didn't work out. Now Korpiklaani is coming to Atlanta 2 days before my 20th birthday. See you all there! :kickass:

I'm really cracking up about their San Diego concert being at the Ramona Main Stage. Unreal. We're talking 60-minutes from San Diego in a little horse town. Bizarre.

I'm really cracking up about their San Diego concert being at the Ramona Main Stage. Unreal. We're talking 60-minutes from San Diego in a little horse town. Bizarre.
Seriously...I guess the Jumping Turtle is technically about the same distance for most of San Diego, but I'd much rather drive to San Marcos than Ramona. Not sure what the logic is in booking the show out there but I'm pretty curious to see the turnout.

Even stranger though - is Swashbuckle really billed over Tyr for this tour?

I sure hope I can make this show. It sucks the Chicago one is on a Tuesday. But anyways, I had never heard of White Wizzard and must say they sound pretty bad ass, the only problem is I really don't like Swashbuckle. grrrr.

It's ridiculous that Swashbuckle is over Tyr. But it'll be cool to see Tyr again, and before ProgPower. I'm completely unfamiliar with White Wizzard.

However, my friend was just saying yesterday how he wants to see Korpiklaani really bad, so I'll probably be going to this with him. I want to see them, too, because it looked like a lot of fun at Paganfest, but I was honestly way too overwhelmed by Primordial's performance, and the awesomeness of Moonsorrow before that, to even begin to get into Korpiklaani.

Awesome tour.

Swashbuckle is promoted more heavily in the U.S (partly because they are from the U.S.) and have likely sold more. Though its kind of strange being that they will be here in December and then January again. But good for them.

according to the blog on the official TYR MySpace page, here's the lineup:

North American Tour
Category: Music
KORPIKLAANI
TÝR
SWASHBUCKLE
WHITE WIZZARD

I'm certainly curious about White Wizzard... will gladly sit out Swashbuckle... will be nice to get the preview of TYR... and I'll catch some of Korpiklaani before having to bail. 5:30 AM comes early on Tuesday morning. :p

I will probably attend this concert if it is on a weekend and I am not feeling too lazy. TYR owns and Korpiklaani is okay.

I don't understand how one can hate Swashbuckle. I heard one or two songs from them and it basically sounded like a (albeit overproduced) fun cross between Kreator and Napalm Death + funny lyrics.