Korpiklaani headlines the States AGAIN!

I don't understand how one can hate Swashbuckle. I heard one or two songs from them and it basically sounded like a (albeit overproduced) fun cross between Kreator and Napalm Death + funny lyrics.

Wow....really? You compare Kreator with Swashbuckle? You need to walk the plank. As many have stated on this forum.....Swashbuckle are a complete gimmick...not a funny nor interesting one either.

I am still confused....I wonder if the promoter of this tour just saw the name White Wizzard and booked them on this tour. I love tours that mix up genres but I am trying to wrap my head around booking a new wave of NWOBHM band with 2 Pagan acts and a comedy band? I am still happy as hell to see them....just a very odd choice.

Wow....really? You compare Kreator with Swashbuckle? You need to walk the plank. As many have stated on this forum.....Swashbuckle are a complete gimmick...not a funny nor interesting one either.

I am still confused....I wonder if the promoter of this tour just saw the name White Wizzard and booked them on this tour. I love tours that mix up genres but I am trying to wrap my head around booking a new wave of NWOBHM band with 2 Pagan acts and a comedy band? I am still happy as hell to see them....just a very odd choice.

Alestorm > Swashbuckle on the gimmicky pirate band. At least Alestorm is like...folky and stuff...but yeah, a total gimmick (I think they know it, though).

And I need to hear White Wizzard now, seeing some praise. I went to their page on Metal-Archives and it seemed like they were young and kinda garage-band-y. But I haven't heard them. So if you d00ds say they are cool, I'll check 'em out. Gotta wait till I'm home, though...no myspace or music pages on these school computers.

lol if anything, what I've heard from Swashbuckle is way better than the fruity Death-worship nonsense on the last batch of Kreator albums! Shit has balls.

Also your second paragraph... lol... You realize that an agent has to agree to book a band and doesn't just see the name and plop them onto a tour right? Since WW got the opening slot, Earache probably had to buy them on too. Thunderdome definitely had to know who the band was.

Obviously, this tour is not being billed as yet another heathen/pagan/viking nonsense genre-theme fest and is just a regular tour, so White Wizzard makes sense. Secondly, WW will have a new album out, so it makes sense to put them on.

lol if anything, what I've heard from Swashbuckle is way better than the fruity Death-worship nonsense on the last batch of Kreator albums! Shit has balls.

:err:

Fruity Death-worship??????????

I am speechless.......
Swashbuckle should seriously pay you for what you said, because I guarandamntee that is the first and last time ANYONE will praise them over KREATOR.

I've only heard like 2 Swashbuckle songs but yes, I like them more than what Kreator has been doing recently. I cannot stand any of Kreator's more recent material. Get over it perhaps? Hmmm =)

Will end up getting tix to this. Really wanna see Tyr again and White Wizzard.

For anyone hitting the Atlanta show, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider purchasing your tickets through us fellas in Brazen Angel! Not only will you save some moolah, but we'll be eternally grateful, and who doesn't want that? We are fucking stoked to have been asked to be on this bill and look forward to it!

Realizing that most of you have no clue who we are, here are a couple of clips:

of us covering Sabbath's Mob Rules:

And our own anthem Metal For Eternity:

Just send me a PM or e-mail at teachercannon at bellsouth dot net and I'll get you hooked up! We'll have our Paypal up soon! Hope to see you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
:err:

Fruity Death-worship??????????

I am speechless.......
Swashbuckle should seriously pay you for what you said, because I guarandamntee that is the first and last time ANYONE will praise them over KREATOR.

Kreator's been quite terrible for some time :erk:

these white wizzard seem like a bunch of douches but they are on KIT idk these songs aren't that awesome

There's a few bands that kind of rode the "folk metal" wave into higher prominence than they would really have had naturally. Swashbuckle is the most bizarre of this group to me, because the only thing "folk" about them is how they dress. Why the heck did anyone start paying attention to them?

Other than them (and if they're really billed above Tyr then I'm pissed)... awesome tour. I may make the trip to Fort Worth.

I hope it's not one of those shows where they put the local openers in Hell and the touring bands in Heaven. That would suck!

Or better make sure Brazen Angel are still playing the show with Korpiklaani. Maybe they're playing the Hell stage? I wouldn't think the Masq. would book more than 5 bands for one stage and I have indeed sold tickets for a National show in the Heaven stage while playing a local show in the Hell stage. Pretty BS.