Krank Rev Jr. Pro 50 or Jet City JCA100H? If you've got clips, please post 'em!

MarcusGHedwig

Mar 21, 2010
New York
www.myspace.com
Trying to finally get back in the amp game, can't for the life of me decide which I'd rather have :( Obviously taste in tone is the most important factor, but I guess I'm just not entirely sure how the Jet City amps sound; if anyone with either (or both) amps could post their clips and signal chains to aid in my decision-making, it'd be much appreciated! (and JCA20, JCA50, and/or 20-watt Rev Jr. clips are welcome as well, they can't sound that different from one another)

Trying to finally get back in the amp game, can't for the life of me decide which I'd rather have :( Obviously taste in tone is the most important factor, but I guess I'm just not entirely sure how the Jet City amps sound; if anyone with either (or both) amps could post their clips and signal chains to aid in my decision-making, it'd be much appreciated! (and JCA20, JCA50, and/or 20-watt Rev Jr. clips are welcome as well, they can't sound that different from one another)

Heyo! In the Face the Fact song I posted (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...face-fact-prussian-real-drums-vocals-etc.html) rhythm guitars (dual tracked) were reamped with a JCA20H. The chain was as follows: POD Farm's TS model -> Profire2626 -> DIY TS808 -> JCA20H -> Harley Benton 4x12 w/V30's -> SM57 -> Profire2626.

I used the TS simulation in addition because I felt I needed to get just a little bit more extra tightness out of the guitars. The 100-watt version has a metric fuck-ton more gain, I've heard, so I suppose that won't be a problem. The thing I love about the little 20-watt bastard is that it actually has some genuine character. It sounds and feels like a real amp, which I somehow never got with the similarly priced Peavey Windsor I had.

I think its so thin due to the fact that I had the low end down pretty low on the amp and that I had the amp about 30 minutes when I made that clip ....lol

I have had both the Jet City 333 and the Krank and I sold the Jet City about 2 weeks ago. While it was capable of doing metal I found the amp was a bit "weak". The Krank definitely has more character in the tone. The Jet City was a bit midrange heavy for my personal taste.

I can do another re-amp for you if you like now that I have had the Krank a few months and know it a lot better.

Heyo! In the Face the Fact song I posted (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...face-fact-prussian-real-drums-vocals-etc.html) rhythm guitars (dual tracked) were reamped with a JCA20H. The chain was as follows: POD Farm's TS model -> Profire2626 -> DIY TS808 -> JCA20H -> Harley Benton 4x12 w/V30's -> SM57 -> Profire2626.

I used the TS simulation in addition because I felt I needed to get just a little bit more extra tightness out of the guitars. The 100-watt version has a metric fuck-ton more gain, I've heard, so I suppose that won't be a problem. The thing I love about the little 20-watt bastard is that it actually has some genuine character. It sounds and feels like a real amp, which I somehow never got with the similarly priced Peavey Windsor I had.

That is some seriously good tone. :bah:

I can't even get my 6505, XXX, or JSX to sound that good. :bah:

a vote for the krank here

i loved my rev jr. dearly, and miss it so...but thankfully guitarguru is taking good care of her nowadays. hopefully i'll be able to pick up another one in the future without the wife(who thinks an amp is an amp is an amp) freaking out on me!

Hmm, that's a pretty solid mix Jarkko, though the rhythm guitars sound scooped to the point of being kinda phasey IMO, though I'm guessing that's more from eq'ing and maybe that wretched Pod in the chain (don't ask me how, it's a Pod :lol: ); regardless, the underlying tone is pretty deliciously crunchy, damn it, now I'm torn :lol:

Jason, any other clips you could cook up (again, not using the Rose of Sharyn DI's please :D) would be awesome!

If I remember right Ryan (Catharsis) had posted a mix with the Jet City that sounded good to me. It got me thinking about picking one up for my practice amp. I haven't gotten around to it yet because I can't stop using my Tremoverb;)

Hmm, that's a pretty solid mix Jarkko, though the rhythm guitars sound scooped to the point of being kinda phasey IMO, though I'm guessing that's more from eq'ing and maybe that wretched Pod in the chain (don't ask me how, it's a Pod :lol: ); regardless, the underlying tone is pretty deliciously crunchy, damn it, now I'm torn :lol:

Yup, I scooped it to hell and back. Here's quite a different tone from the JCA20H: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1809705/JCA20H HBG412V Reared DOUBLE TS.mp3

It's not Rose of Sharyn, but close ;)