Krank Rev SST

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yo
apparently the preampsection is the same as in the revolution+......so what I'm thinking is: couldn't I just get the SST and run it from the FX send through the return of my Stein+ and get a Rev+ should work shouldn't it.

also...share your experiences with the SST...it's rather decently priced, so I'm curious...would use it for recording and live

well id assume its similar because any hi-gain amp is going to have least 4-5 preamp tubes. so with a standard rev its got 4, so just take out the phase inverter and you got 3, so who knows.

well id assume its similar because any hi-gain amp is going to have least 4-5 preamp tubes. so with a standard rev its got 4, so just take out the phase inverter and you got 3, so who knows.

yeah, as far as I know the Rev (as well as the Stein) has 3 preamp tubes.
It's got 4 12ax7, but only three of those are preamp-tubes, one is the phase inverter/driver tube, which belongs to the poweramp.
so I'd get the 4th 12ax7 from the poweramp of the stein+.

Sorry for bumping up this thread, but I was considering this amp as a gigging/rehearshal amp, but the youtube clips are not really good ( unless I forgot to put on the camcorder to studio sound converter)
Anyone tried the amp?