KRANK Revolution & Krankenstein cabinet question.

warhedf1

New Metal Member
Nov 6, 2009
Hey gang,
First post here after lurking about forever. I've got quite a few 4x12 cabs lying around and I was wondering about something that is irritating the crap out of me with my Krank cabs.

You see, I've got Marshall 1960-A 4x12 slant cabs with Celestion 75's in them, I've got Boogie cabs with the C-90/EVM-12 combination and I can get great sounds out of them without problem. Now, on to my quandry...

I have both the Krank Revolution 4x12 (loaded with Eminence v1216's) and I have a Krank Krankenstein 4x12 which is loaded with Texas Heat speakers. I'm happy with the construction of the cabs and all that BUT, they have a phasey (out of phase?) thing going on in the upper mids and high end that I just can't seem to kill. Now mind you, this is while just listening to the cabs with any of my amps. Needless to say, the problem is even worse when you try and record something with these cabs so, I've just been using my Marshall and Boogie cabs for anything that matters.

Now, on to my question. Have any of you guys here heard this phase/out of phase sound that I'm describing here in the Krank 4x12's? If so, did you make changes to the cab or change how the speakers are mounted?

Thanks for your time and thoughts,

warhedf1

I was never happy with my Krank cab at first either, the lows were solid (probably because of the construction) but other than that I could never get a clear distorted tone. Eventually I replaced the stock speakers with V30s and now it sounds good to me. Could be something else that's causing your problem but if you've got access to different speakers you could try swapping them out.