Lacuna Coil US Tour...w/guests Within Temptation!

Interesting - Lacuna Coil paired with The Gathering could be rather nice but what are the odds The Gathering would drop the newer stuff and play exclusively from their "Mandylion" or "Nighttime Birds" albums?

Lacuna Coil are visiting Dallas as part of the Jaegermeister something-or-other tour but I'm not sure if I'm going to that one or not. Stone Sour (whoever in blazes that is) is the headliner so Lacuna Coil are relegated to spot duty anyway. Wish they'd venture back toward their older material -- Karmacode has some decent tracks but seems to indicate a songwriting trend that gives me concern. Still I prefer to support bands like this than the usual fodder we're force fed these days....

I agree with that. I'm a fan of Lacuna Coil and I enjoy Karmacode...I just enjoy their earlier stuff alot more. They may not be the most musically talented band (I've seen the Korn comparisons quite a bit now) but I enjoy them and will continue to support them no matter what ppl say about them.

Interesting - Lacuna Coil paired with The Gathering could be rather nice but what are the odds The Gathering would drop the newer stuff and play exclusively from their "Mandylion" or "Nighttime Birds" albums?

I think those odds would be about 1,000,000 to 1. Well, maybe not even 1.

The Gathering's recent setlists have been notoriously stacked with new or newer material. They are not the types to just play a certain type of set just because one might think it would be the thing they should do.

I imagine they'd play one off of Mandylion, probably "Strange Machines" or maybe "Eleanor"...and most likely the title track of "Nighttime Birds".

Anything other than that would just fall under the category of Wishfull Thinking.

Please remember: The point of a tour (Sans, Blind Guardian, North American tours.. which is .. believe me, NOT to my dismay) is to promote new material. Hence, setlists should be assumed to be a majority of songs from a new album.

Im seeing them on the Jager tour, they are 2nd and Shadows fall are opening, only good bands on the bill imo and hopefully this tour comes near me..

I think those odds would be about 1,000,000 to 1. Well, maybe not even 1.

The Gathering's recent setlists have been notoriously stacked with new or newer material. They are not the types to just play a certain type of set just because one might think it would be the thing they should do.

I imagine they'd play one off of Mandylion, probably "Strange Machines" or maybe "Eleanor"...and most likely the title track of "Nighttime Birds".

Anything other than that would just fall under the category of Wishfull Thinking.

Exactly! Even when headlining they rarely play more than 2 or 3 old songs, which is totally fine with me, as I like their newer stuff a lot better.
On the last tour they played Strange Machines, Eleanor and In Motion from Mandylion and On Most Surfaces from Nighttime birds...
On Most Surfaces was played only a handfull of times and at least 2 of the 3 songs from Mandylion were played everynight...

I am afraid they might get booed some nights.. lol

I wish both the gathering and within temptation were doing the whole tour with Lacuna coil with Stolen babies as the opening band.

I will love seeing either the gathering or within temptation although I slightly lean towards the gathering.

I've lost a lot of respect for Lacuna Coil. I forget which Metal mag it is, but Christina appears on the cover in nothing but a bed sheet, in an article entitled, "Go Under the Covers with Christina". For the main story, she appears again in a bed sheet, posed in a different suggestive position.

I make fun of Pop musicians for selling sex to cover up the fact that they lack the talent to sell records with their music alone. The fact that LC has allowed Christina's looks to become the focal point of the band, says all I need to know about them. Well... that and the new CD is awful.

As for the show, it doesn't matter where they play, the sight lines will be fantastic. It's quite easy to see over the heads of 12 year olds.

Zod

I could really care less about the sex selling the album...I listen to the music no matter what image they're giving me. However, you are completely correct about the new album. It just really didin't have the same effect that some of their previous stuff did for me. It's not the worst thing I've ever heard...but it's certainly the worst LC cd in my opinion.

I'm hoping seeing them live makes me appreciate the new album a little more. Sometimes I just need a little push to appreciate an album more.

I totally don't care about Lacuna Coil or The Gathering, so.... If Within Temptation are opening the shows in my neck of the woods, I'll likely make it to more than one. Otherwise, this tour is off my radar. Seems I'm not alone.. :lol:

LACUNA COIL will embark on a North American headlining tour in May. Opening the shows will be IN THIS MOMENT and STOLEN BABIES. The direct-support slot will apparently be split between WITHIN TEMPTATION (first half of the tour) and THE GATHERING (second half). Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

May 07 - Louisville, KY @ Headliner's Music Hall (w/ WITHIN TEMPTATION)
May 17 - Flint, MI @ The Machine Shop (w/ THE GATHERING)

LACUNA COIL's latest album, "Karmacode", was recently certified silver in the band's home country, Italy.

After completing work on their next video for the song "Within Me" in early March, the band will embark on the latest instalment of the Jägermeister Music Tour alongside STONE SOUR and SHADOWS FALL. The trek, which kicks off on March 23 and runs through early May, is the group's fourth U.S. run in support of the "Karmacode" album. This summer LACUNA COIL will make select festival appearances in Europe.

I sure hope that NY gets Within Temptation. WOW! :OMG:

SWEET! I don't care much for Lacuna, but I'd go just for WT! I need to hear more of The Gathering, but from what i could remember I do like them as well.

I am definitely going to the Knoxville show, and if an Atlanta or Nashville date is announced, I'll go to those as well. And while I like Lacuna Coil, and I like WT, the main reason I am going is Stolen Babies.

Lacuna Coil is one of my favorite bands, true they've started down a road that I'd prefer they hadn't taken, but I don't hate the new material. But as a headliner, they'll get a longer set so they won't just feature the new material (which I think is actually better live - my main issue with "Karmacode" is with the production style). Plus Andrea Ferro is as cool a person as I've ever met.

If The Gathering was performing "Mandylion"/"Nighttime Birds" material I'd be more stoked, but "Home" left me pretty ho-hum. I'd still like to see them just to hear Anneke sing, but I'll be happy with Within Temptation if it is an either/or situation. I am not too big on the first two Within Temptation albums (though they have their moments of grandeur), but I like "The Silent Force" a lot.

But overall I am really excited about the bill. There are no bands on it that I don't want to see. I think from an energy standpoint, Stolen Babies is going to knock everything off the stage.

It's so "sad" to see LC headlining over WT :(
But I guess that's the way to go here in the US

Agreement.

New York City *should* get The Gathering. I'd personally prefer to see WT here since I've seen The Gathering before, but as far as I know, it's TG who's playing in our area, bro....

I'd prefer to see WT, but I really hope we're getting a show somewhere around here before October.

Can I just say right now that I really hate Washington! Looks like I'm going to Montreal until WT announces other dates. This is one of the most effed up opening band schedule ever. THough I guess it supports my idea of Within Temptation doing their own headlining shows since there's a near 2 week gap.

With WITHIN TEMPTATION and IN THIS MOMENT:

May 07 - Louisville, KY @ Headliner’s Music Hall
May 08 - Knoxville, TN @ Blue Cats
May 09 - Columbia, SC @ Headliners
May 13 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
May 15 - Quebec City, QC @ Theatre Imperial

With THE GATHERING and IN THIS MOMENT:

May 16 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
May 18 - Millvale, PA @ Mr.Small’s Theatre
May 19 - Grand Rapids, MI @ The Intersection
May 21 - Fargo, ND @ House of Rock @ Playmakers
May 22 - Winnipeg, MB @ The Garrick Centre
May 23 - Regina, SK @ Distrik
May 25 - Edmonton, AB @ Dinwoodie Lounge
May 26 - Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall Ballroom
May 28 - Vancouver, BC @ Croatian Cultural Centre

With THE GATHERING and WITHIN TEMPTATION:

May 29 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon

With WITHIN TEMPTATION and KYLESA:

May 30 - Spokane, WA @ The Boulevard
May 31 - Portland, OR @ Aladdin Theater
Jun. 01 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s
Jun. 04 - San Luis Obispo, CA @ Downtown Brewing Company
Jun. 05 - Sparks, NV @ New Oasis
Jun. 06 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Avalon Theatre

Don't know how complete these dates are. There is a 3 day gap between South Carolina & Montreal. I'm not even sure where they came from. I got them off of livejournal and they didn't site the source.