LANEY amps... clip request!

DURBANS

Feb 2, 2005
Hi

Please... I'd like to hear some clips of a Laney tube head. Preferably the GH100L or the GH100TI (Tony Iommi), some decent metal palm muted riff with decent gain please, and just the amps distortion, no SD-1 or tube screamers in front.

That will be MUCH appreciated, thanks! Just a quick clip...

Durbans, if you would like to wait about two weeks, I have a band coming into the studio, one of the guitarists uses a Laney GH100L into a Marshall 1960A 4x12 with an ISP Decimator noise suppressor in the fx loop. They play insanely fast and technical death metal stuff. Very very very very very heavy and badass. Both guitarists hate using anything other than just a guitar -> amp, but I sold him on the Decimator so that it would clean up the amp a little. It sounds great. Like I said, about two weeks and I could have about 5-6 songs for you to hear with it. Yep.

~006+1

Cool 007, that'd be great!

Meanwhile, if anybody here owns a Laney tube head, please, it'd be great to hear a sample :D

I would say go for the PODxt but only if you got the Model Packs also. But it's all up to you in the end. Yep.

~006+1

DURBANS said:
Hi

Please... I'd like to hear some clips of a Laney tube head. Preferably the GH100L or the GH100TI (Tony Iommi), some decent metal palm muted riff with decent gain please, and just the amps distortion, no SD-1 or tube screamers in front.

That will be MUCH appreciated, thanks! Just a quick clip...

Does the gain have to be on 6? :loco:

NathanSoulfracture said:
im thinking of getting a Laney combo or a PodXT, dunno which to go with though.

That's a tough decision, I had the same one to make last summer (XT Pro vs all valve rack). I went with the the rack but then as soon as the XT Live came out I bought one, purely for the versatility and ease of use (not to mention it was cheaper to buy the XTL than it would cost to re-valve my whole rig). Setting up and warming up my rack is too much hassle when I'm practicing, but when I'm recording the sound beats my POD hands down.