Lars Ulric on new Metallica album - Fuck Yeah!

there is two things that need to be done:

1. construct a time machine and go back to that tour bus incident. Make sure Cliff doesn't die, while pushing Lar$ off the cliff.
2. get a beer

i actaully really enjoyed Load once i got over the inital shock.

im sure metallica will release a good album. but one things for sure, if you have such a closed mind you wont enjoy it NO MATTER what they put out.

jester00 said:
im sure metallica will release a good album. but one things for sure, if you have such a closed mind you wont enjoy it NO MATTER what they put out.

They "might" release a good album. Then again, if history (Metallica's recent history, that is) has taught us anything, then it's dountful that they will.

And the "open minded" argument fails to carry weight. My tastes are EXTREMMELLY openminded - heck, my CD collection includes the Carpenters, Barry Manilow & Duran Duran, for Christ's sake - and I really just find the "load" albums to be just that - a pure load of sh*t. The music's just not that good.

The only good thing about recent Metallica is that they finally joined humanity & cut that awful long hair!!!

If there were metal trading cards... metallica would be that band that used to have the most valuble cards at one time... but by shitty decisions and being just plain idiots... their rookie cards would be had for about .05 cents a dozen now

Static said:
The word 'going back' is not a word.

Its two words.

And in the context you're using it, "its" isn't a word either. You mean, "it's". Everyone makes their mistakesm.

I meant for it to be that way.

:p

You'll also notice I said 'the word' before 'going back', thus implying that it is one word when in fact, as I said, it is two.

Teehee.

i always thought that those who think metallica are one of, or ARE, the greatest band in metal arent very knowledgable about the genre, and havent dug deep into to find out either, because im sure once these people start listening to more bands, they'd realize metallica play nothing more than 'poped'-down version of metal...

...i havent been prooven otherwise, i know some metallica lovers, ask them about any other TRULLY great band and they go "huh?"

Cows on million man march said:
...i havent been prooven otherwise, i know some metallica lovers, ask them about any other TRULLY great band and they go "huh?"

you mean "huh" the famous viking metal quintet behind masterpieces like "d'oh part I & II"?
because they just :headbang:

rahvin.

Cows on million man march said:
i always thought that those who think metallica are one of, or ARE, the greatest band in metal arent very knowledgable about the genre, and havent dug deep into to find out either, because im sure once these people start listening to more bands, they'd realize metallica play nothing more than 'poped'-down version of metal...

Yeah, I got into more extreme stuff first so I never paid attention to metallica until recently. Sure, its not as extreme or brutal as stuff today, but it was great, (relatively) innovative thrash back then. Plus, regardless of how "poped" or weak they might sound today, you can't deny the integrity of sooo many of their melodies (first 4 albums, of course). Those will transcend time and be remembered, for what they're worth.

It may be true that people who still consider metallica the end-all to metal havent heard other stuff tho, hehe. Kind of like my parents' generation who dismiss anything past the 70s...

I remember the wait for "..And Justice for All", and the way we as a bunch of friends gathered around the album when one of us got it first. It was an experience that really makes Metallica's last 12-13 years a fucking big disgrace.

Static said:
I meant for it to be that way.

:p

You'll also notice I said 'the word' before 'going back', thus implying that it is one word when in fact, as I said, it is two.

Teehee.

Well, obviously I understand that! That's the point I was making you dolt. :cool:

You didn't say 'it is two' you said 'its two'... don't paraphrase yourself when it's printed above your post!