Ulrich on the new Metallica: "70 min. of fast complete aggro"

Originally posted by: Electronicoil

"This is not a flame* but two simple (related) questions for all Metallica fanboys.

How do you reconcile your "Metallica fan through and through" stance with the new tour with various crappy Nu-Metal acts?

Do you welcome Metallica becoming Nu-Metal and enjoy listening to Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit and the Deftones, try to ignore it and pretend they are still a thrash band, or do you hate all the Nu-Metal acts they tour with but still hold Metallica up as true metal?

*hell, anybody is free to like something. I like some stuff that would get flamed here too."

Well, for the first question i have to say that Metallica could tour with Nsuck and i wouldn't care i'd still go to the concert but jus miss the Nsuck part and party for Metallica. Doens't change my opinion on Metallica one bit.

And for the second part, I dont welcome them becoming nu-metal but if they did i would still like em jus as much as i do now. I like quite a few nu-metal bands now as it is anyways. I dont enjoy listenin to linkin park, limp bizkit or deftones but i can ignore it and still see Metallica as true metal.

P.S-i would actually quoted you the proper way but my computer is a pile of shit today. my bad

Psychonaut said:
No WAY! Back to the roots?!?!? *yaaawwwwnnnnn* What a crock of shit...

Let's hope they don't return to their old roots. Those roots were just as bad as their new ones...

nergal_S said:
The funny thing is lars dosent do the 2bl bass part of one live. How sad is this?

I haven't seen them since the And Justice tour and he was fine then although it was my first gig so I was hardly paying attention to his drumming

what are their recent live videos like? are there bits that are obvious overdubs when he misses something? maybe it's a Milli Vanilli thing

SymbolicDeath666 said:
Well, for the first question i have to say that Metallica could tour with Nsuck and i wouldn't care i'd still go to the concert but jus miss the Nsuck part and party for Metallica. Doens't change my opinion on Metallica one bit.

And for the second part, I dont welcome them becoming nu-metal but if they did i would still like em jus as much as i do now. I like quite a few nu-metal bands now as it is anyways. I dont enjoy listenin to linkin park, limp bizkit or deftones but i can ignore it and still see Metallica as true metal.

So no matter who they tour with or how much they change the music, you'll still like them? Geez, they're lucky to have fans this loyal I guess. I have little doubt that if they became a drag queen band there would be old Metallica fans out there shaking their satin purses and still claiming that Metallica are a metal band. They lost me when the music started to suck hard and two of the members mysteriously got MUCH worse on their instruments. Metallica died with Cliff Burton as far as I'm concerned.

i acnt spell said:
I am almost 100% positive that the song "St. Anger" is on the soundtrack to the movie "Old School." When the song came on during the movie, I couldn't tell if it was old Metallica, Megadeth, or something like Anthrax. It was really fast and sounded like the straight-out-of-the-eighties thrash that Metallica used to play. I didn't realize it was new until I heard them yell "St. Anger" in part of the song.

:guh: Are you serious?? The song in Old School is Master of Puppets!

Voice of God said:
:guh: Are you serious?? The song in Old School is Master of Puppets!

I was going to say the same thing. How someone could have an opinion on Metallica and not recognize that song is beyond me. I guess when they shouted "Master . . . Master" he thought they were saying "St. Anger . . . St. Anger." :D

That was a cool part of the movie, btw.

Busted. I feel like a total dumbass now, and I sure as hell should. In all honesty I've been listening to metal for about 3 years now and pretty much skipped over the Metallica phase. I mean, I've heard my fair share of Metallica, but I don't own any albums or listen to them as much as other metal bands. I am, however, a fan of the old Metallica that I have heard. So, I'm busted. I'm not as metal as I claim to be, seeing as I didn't even recognize Master of Puppets. My only attempt at an excuse is that I was like 5 when Metallica was in their prime.

God, I am fucking retarded.

Oh course they'll sue! I loved the 23 second sound clip LARD!! This band is crap. Sorry to have offended anyone but what have they done besides pull out all the stops to screw over their fans? The ticket prices for this 'Heaviest Concert of the Year' are 90 USD! That's insane. LARD! I wouldn't pay 9 cents to see Limp Dick. Nor 2 cents to see Lard and co.

Metallica are a joke band. Worshippping Metallica no matter what they do and who they screw over (that means you - their fans) is no better than saying The Doors still kick without Jimmy or John. The rap crap with Ja Rule, the lovely way they treated Jason Newstead, the nice picture of them with the Backstreet Boys, I could go on forever. This is a shit band attempting to stay afloat by jumping on every band wagon that has came around since the early 90's. And greedy buggers as well. LARD!!

They need to disappear, along with Gene Simmons.

I'll try to be as nice as I can, because I respect everyone's opinions and understand that everyone has a very different perspective on music. And that's the way it should be.

But seriously, how can you possibly say that no matter what kind of shit Metallica perpetrates on the public, you will still just buy it and take it up the ass again & again? What kind of an attitude is that?

I think the truth is probably closer to this: You really don't like the heavier, faster stuff anyway. Which is fine. But for those of us who knew & loved the real Metallica--the new stuff is cotton-candy & worthless.

I don't care what band it is: I make my own decisions which albums to buy, and NO BAND is above the scrutiny of their fan base. NO BAND.

--S