Last Album You Listened to in Full?

R-10566373-1500022938-6886.jpeg.jpg

I've listened to it a fair few times now, what with them being one of my all-time very favourite bands I usually binge listen their new albums. But I must say, for a few reasons I'm somewhat disappointed with this one.

I know the band have been through A LOT these past few years, line up changes, switching labels for the first time in their 30 year career, not to mention what Aaron's experienced in his personal life... But the new album seems a little, pedestrian, even boring at times (can't believe I'm saying this haha). Only containing 5 real songs, it almost feels like it was rushed to fulfill contractual obligations with Nuclear Blast (which probably isn't the case at all). It's a very mature and very sombre sounding record though, undoubtedly My Dying Bride. It'll probably grow on me haha

My-Dying-Bride-The-Ghost-of-Orion-01-500x500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zerostatic
I have only listened to it twice and I like what I hear, but it won't make anyone forget Turn Loose the Swans. I need to give it more listens before forming a lasting opinion.

Yeah, I listened to it a fair few more times and it began to settle in a little. I'm leaving it alone for a while now and will go back to it with fresher ears some time soon.

Been listening to a lot of albums since I stopped working a few days ago and have found myself having a lot more time on my hands than usual. Here's a few of the highlights...

c8e379043ef1cfc09680935010fa00b9.jpg

Tomb-Mold-Manor-Of-Infinite-Forms-CD-69695-1.jpg

721616809824.jpg

Blood Incantation being the pick of the bunch, I really enjoyed that album. (Apologies if those images are massive, I only have my tablet with me where I'm quarantined - not at home! So I can't tell their sizes)

No idea what the name of the band is, but that first album cover you posted, Podgie, is really cool.

Meanwhile, I just found out that one of my favorite guitarists released a new album... LAST YEAR. :lol:

R-13600066-1557259209-3256.jpeg.jpg

No idea what the name of the band is, but that first album cover you posted, Podgie, is really cool.

That's Blood Incantation Keenan, really cool sounding new old school death metal... a lot of that is going around at the moment and a lot of it sounds quite samey and uninteresting but agreed Zero, Blood Incantation and Tomb Mold have got it spot on :thumbsup:

I checked one song by off that album, Podgie. It was pretty cool. Might have to look into getting that one.

Insomnium-Heart-Like-a-Grave-Cover.png

Nile2019-315x315.jpg

These two bands never cease to amaze me. Like, the make the "same" album every time, yet each one sounds totally different and they all have the same immaculate level of quality. It's insane.