Last Album You Listened to in Full?

R-1685347-1279394309.jpeg.jpg

The closing track is a lot better than I expected it to be. I like this album as a whole a lot.

Reactions: zerostatic
5283.jpg

This might be the best Destruction album, but man, that art work and those hairstyles did not age well! Maybe if they were just skulls instead of faces it would be more brutal?

warbringer_-_weapons_of_tomorrow_by_andreas_marschall-1024x1024.jpg

The new album fuckin rips! Interesting to note is how much they lean into their black metal influences which is cool. I'll have to give it another listen in the morning but so far I'm really happy.

5283.jpg

This might be the best Destruction album, but man, that art work and those hairstyles did not age well! Maybe if they were just skulls instead of faces it would be more brutal?

Haha, I think it's a cool cover, even if it has aged... Agree it may be better if they were just skulls though. With the hairstyles! haha

The new album fuckin rips! Interesting to note is how much they lean into their black metal influences which is cool. I'll have to give it another listen in the morning but so far I'm really happy.

Just listened to this myself, good album! Not sure I'm liking it more than the last though, thought Woe to the Vanquished was awesome. Empires Collapse didn't really do it for me - but I like everything else they've done. Definitely one of my favourite and consistently strong thrash bands from that 'new' wave, along with Evile and Vektor (who seem kind of dead...).

Last edited:
Listened to the new Trivium a couple of times, absolutely love it. Now to wait a few more days to hear the new Havok

Been binging on Buckethead for the past few days. I've been listening to a whole bunch of his Pike albums. He has so many that it's hard to list all the ones I've been listening to.

Gonna listen to new Katatonia today, though!

Haha, I think it's a cool cover, even if it has aged... Agree it may be better if they were just skulls though. With the hairstyles! haha

Just listened to this myself, good album! Not sure I'm liking it more than the last though, thought Woe to the Vanquished was awesome. Empires Collapse didn't really do it for me - but I like everything else they've done. Definitely one of my favourite and consistently strong thrash bands from that 'new' wave, along with Evile and Vektor (who seem kind of dead...).

I agree on both ends. I do like the skyline into the tornado part, maybe the skulls would work better too.

As for Weapons of Tomorrow, as much as I like it, I don't think it's gonna top Woe to the Vanquished. There was something in the songwriting that made the album so aggressive. This new one has a lot more melodic/slower passages making it heavy.

Also, I think Empires Collapse is a good album if you treat it less as a thrash record and more as a straight up metal record. A little hard to explain, but they do some good stuff in it even if doesn't match up to the others.

Did you see Evile's post on Facebook today? Maybe we will hear new tunes in 2020!

I've heard this joke before. :lol:

For real though, the thing that makes me less skeptical is the fact that Ol had a lyric sheet ready for some of the songs. I actually believe we may get some tracks in fall/winter 2020.

Katatonia-City-Burials-e1584817779628.jpg

Dark, slow and depressing. I love it. I don't think this band has ever released a bad album.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I only have the first three Warbringer albums. Worth checking out the newer ones?

Thrash band from Toronto - never would've expected a band like that to come from here, the closest band I could think of would be Invicta from Kitchner or Razor from Guelph. I enjoyed this one.

And while I have the chance to address this...

...long with Evile and Vektor (who seem kind of dead...).

If Disanto ever recovers from the other members leaving, as well as the abuse controversy with his wife, I'll be surprised. I'd put money on Vektor not coming back imo.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I only have the first three Warbringer albums. Worth checking out the newer ones?

Tl:dr;
Empires Collapse: I'd say give it a shot - got a lot of creative passages but this is Warbringer at their riskiest for songwriting. A lot more hardcore influenced than the rest of the albums.
Woe to the Vanquished: No question, listen to it ASAP.
Weapons of Tomorrow: I would recommend it.

New Evile? Definitely happening. I get the impression Ol is the driving force behind the progress from the social media output. I loved Skull, thought it was awesome. And I'm expecting V to be no different. Just better. Darker, faster, heavier, etc. etc. ...yeah, I have low expectations :lol:

As for Vektor? Fuck knows haha. I read that DiSanto and Erik are friends still/again? ... I'd love to see them return, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. 'Course I don't really know what's gone on, but hopefully DiSanto gets the help or whatever it is he needs to get his life back on track!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivium-What-the-Dead-Men-Say.png

We'll get the new Evile album one day! ....right? :lol:

Been listening to nothing but the new Weeknd, Hayley Williams, and the Trivium album. I don't like it as much as sin and the sentence, but damn it has some great songs it.

Enjoying the new Warbringer album after two listens. Not sure it as good as the last one, but I consider that to be their masterpiece.

Reactions: ThatOneDude
R-3871608-1347583640-1509.jpeg.jpg

Trivium-What-the-Dead-Men-Say.png

I liked Twisted into Form - unsure if I like that one or Forbidden Evil better though.

On the other hand, this new Trivium album didn't really stand out to me. Wasn't a big fan of 'em in the first place but I can say at the least they're better than what I remember.

Enjoying the new Warbringer album after two listens. Not sure it as good as the last one, but I consider that to be their masterpiece.

Agreed. This album is great but Vanquished is untouchable - the definitive Warbringer album imo.

Listened to all of Warbringer's studio albums yesterday. I've had the first three since they released and enjoy all three of them (even with the horrible drums on their first album). Listened to Empires Collapse, Woe to the Vanquished and Weapons of Tomorrow for the first time. Enjoyed all three. When the Guns Fell Silent is the best song they've ever recorded in my opinion.