Last Album You Listened to in Full?

827808.jpg

Haven't listened to Toxik in ages. I'm a big fan of Think This.

R-763678-1257274529.jpeg.jpg

(Almost) forgot how good this album is. Bar Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane I think this might be my favourite melodic death / black album. A lot more "fun" sounding than most.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

188.jpg

Not a massive In Flames fan (especially post-Clayman) but this album and Colony are really fun albums. Along with Clayman, really. After that? Well...

Last edited:
Funny that ^

I'm currently enjoying this (and the first thing from these guys in years) for the first in er, years

R-432029-1513373342-6421.jpeg.jpg

Probably always going to be my favourite of theirs.

433.jpg

Contains some of my favorite Priest tunes like Sinner, Call For the Priest and Dissident Aggressor:kickass::kickass:. The Last Rose of Summer is one of Priests' worst songs though.

Yeah, that's a great album ^ I love the ones it's sandwiched between to. Sad Wings of Destiny and Stained Class, all three are classics.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cover_433419102008.jpg

Reactions: zerostatic
Funny that ^

I'm currently enjoying this (and the first thing from these guys in years) for the first in er, years

R-432029-1513373342-6421.jpeg.jpg

Probably always going to be my favourite of theirs.

Really? It's usually regarded as one of their worst. I personally wouldn't say that much. I rank it in the middle somewhere. I think a few of the songs stretch on for a bit too long, but there are some great ones on there. Why do you prefer this one above some of their other albums like Awake, Images and Words, and Scenes from a Memory? Not hating on you of course, I'm just curious.

Well. You probably just named my other two favourites there haha, Images and Words and Scenes from a Memory (along with Systematic Chaos which I always liked). I guess those are all pretty close ranked for me. I think Train of Thought was the first I heard though, which often but certainly not always has something to do with it for me. I always liked their heavier side - As I Am is such a banger and I always thought Train... was their ballsy-est, most straightforward album.

But yeah, haven't listened to their past couple of records. And in hindsight perhaps I'd appreciate some of their others' more noawdays...

Ah. Gotcha. Yeah, Train of Thought and Systematic Chaos are probably the heaviest ones they've recorded. Octavarium might get close to that kinda sound on a few songs, but probably not the whole thing. The past few albums aren't anywhere near that heavy, but are really good proggy sounding metal. (Other than The Astonishing. That one is easily my least favorite.) I definitely recommend listening to Distance Over Time and A Dramatic Turn of Events. Distance has this, like... classic prog rock kinda sound to it that I really enjoy. I dunno where I'd rank it, but it would probably be pretty high on the list.

..... damn. Now I wanna listen to it. :lol:

747.jpg

Desecration of Souls is one of my favorite MF songs. " Stay away White Magician, young lovers,and mourning wife! Your not welcome on our land. So I speak for the dead!"

Cool. Cheers Keenan, I'll definitely give Distance a listen. And you know what, I did listen to Dramatic once. Remember thinking it was pretty good too... but then never went back to it.

That ^ album Zero, wow. Haven't listened to it in too long - but it's got everything, stone cold classic.

========================================================================================

dragonlord_dominion.jpg

Eric from Testament's black metal thing. Melodic / symphonic yet not OTT, still nice and thrashy, fun listen. And his 'black' vocals sound like Ihsahn...

Gatecreeper_Sonoran-Depravation-500x500.jpg

Love that they use the same guitar tone of the Swedish Death Metal Titans Entombed and Dismember.:kickass::kickass:

Really cool band. Especially since I love that 'Swedeath' Boss Hm-2 d-beat stuff to er, death. Haven't actually gotten round to listening to their new album, need to do that. Thanks for reminding me!

Have you heard Lik's Carnage album? Some more good Swedeath worship.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUEST_19ce6164-1e18-4cb7-a61d-85bf764983a4

Press_Cover_01-500x500.jpg