Last CD you bought

Got this today and sadly it features no bonus tracks or anything like that. I didn't notice any improvements in sound either (then again I haven't listened to the original tracks in a while, but I strongly doubt they've changed anything). Also, it's a small thing I know, but why does the compilation start with Sagovindars Boning and not Älvefärd anyway?:S The first CD is SB, the second is well A.:) The booklet is basically the 2 booklets from both albums stuck together, except that it naturally has thinner pages to fit into the jewelcase. That's about it. A double album chock full of awesome music which most of us already own.:) But still, get it if you're a collector of Vintersorg stuff naturally (well depends on how 'hardcore' you are about it I guess), or buy it for someone as a gift, the price is low for a 2CD and if they're into this sort of music I'm sure they'll enjoy it. Oh and yeah, buy it for yourself if you don't have the two albums yet!(=

Thanks for the info. A bit lame that there seems to be no change whatsoever. Seeing as I definitly fit into "hardcore collector of V-stuff" I'll most definitly buy this anyway.
I think the reason SB starts the compilation is because that's their latest. People should recognize this better than Älvefärd. Also, I know some people who can't stand Mr. V's vocal performance on Älvefärd (his best IMO:p), wheras they can enjoy SB.
Sagovindars Boning has probably sold better as well...

PS: fix the trollskogens site!

I already wrote a mail about this to Vampyrian, but I guess you all could hear this as well:

Trollskogen is down and permanently it seems. The guy who has the server has moved and deleted all info which was online (this has also affected the Skald-page) and then of course my second harddrive which had all the files for ALL of my webpages (10-11 in total) crashed. Add to this, that all of my MP3s, (including the pre-productions of new Skald songs) videos, pictures, games and loads of personal stuff was on this harddrive and you can imagine how frustrated I am right now.

But I've learned my lesson - a backup really isn't that gay after all... :p

Seeing as I definitly fit into "hardcore collector of V-stuff" I'll most definitly buy this anyway.

I have the same feeling exactly, although it would have been nice with something extra. Like the demos or something. My thought is that this album has nothing to do with Mr. V at all, it was all done by Napalm...

Anyway, I just bought Serj Tankian - Elect The Dead (normal digipack edition)

Also, I just had to send my lovely Denon amp to the shop for repair work, and it might take up til three weeks before I see it again... :cry:
All of a sudden, none of the optical inputs produced any sound anymore, which really sucks, since now I have to live with the TV speakers, which really aren't that good. And no more surround.... :cry:

On the console discussion, Im a hardcore PS2 fan, but if I were to get a new one, I would probably go for the Nintendo Wii, as it simply seems like more fun than the other two put together. Fuck graphics, hail gameplay!

Vampyrian said:
Oh and yeah, buy it for yourself if you don't have the two albums yet!(=
Yeah that's exactly why I bought it, I didn't have Sagovinder Bonig yet :)
the original version is quite hard to find nowadays.

The guy who has the server has moved and deleted all info which was online
That's rediculous!!
Your site was awesome, I loved the translations and rare audio files... :cry:

On the console discussion, Im a hardcore PS2 fan, but if I were to get a new one, I would probably go for the Nintendo Wii, as it simply seems like more fun than the other two put together. Fuck graphics, hail gameplay!

Shitty gimmick =/= gameplay.

And sucks to hear about the amp. Don't know what I'd do without mine.

True, bad graphics doesn't equal a fun gameplay (I guess this is what you meant, correct me if I'm wrong), but neither does good graphics. What I meant was that just because the PS3 might have the strongest graphic engine, doesn't necessarily mean it's the most fun to play. And I would love to return to the Zelda series, it was my first love in the game world, and the one thing I have missed the most while not playing Nintendo for several years.

Rivfadír;7573086 said:
Nah, I meant that just because you get to swing around a piece of plastic like a retard, doesn't mean there's great gameplay present.
To the games thread!

Not a CD I bought, but a leak I downloaded. Listening to it now, after I'm done, it's gone. The album I'm talking about is of course the new Metallica offering which is about as interesting as my thumbtack collection (I don't really have one, I just thinking it'd be a very dull thing to collect). So many fanboys out there screaming how awesome it is, that it's better than St. Anger (big achievement there) and so forth. Well it's not even mediocre.:S It has one semi-good song, one listenable song ,the rest is pretty much boring as fuck. Well, I still have 2 tracks to go, but I'm not holding my breath.

Heh... while you guys are mentioning all of these extreme metal CDs you just bought, I just bought a shit load of CDs that are old metal, but I've been trying to find them for years.
Warlock - True as Steel
Keel - Lay down the Law
Heavy Load - Metal Conquest
220 Volt - Eye to Eye
Lizzy Borden - Master of Disquise (25th anniversary)
Easy Action - Easy Action
Saxon - Denim and Leather
Talisman - Talisman
Bloodbound - Nosferatu (I saw them at SRF last year, they were amazing!)
Doro - Fur Immer DVD
Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale (original vinyl, pre-owned but never opened!)

The local record store had a BIG sale!
Talk about a great investment...

It doesn't have a built in graphics sharpener, it's software that makes the games look better. Which is really cool! Because the backwards compatibility isn't done through hardware it's actually impossible for them to get every PS2 and 1 game to work. They'll be releasing patches till the end of time if they want to.
I've no doubt GoW3 will look great, I'm just saying they're doing the typical Sony thing where they hype the shit out of it and give you nothing. So then you have a bunch of people going "OMG IT LOOKS AWESOME!!" and all it is, is just some FMV.
Microsoft haven't say they're releasing a new consoles, that's all rumors. Of course they're working on a new one, as are Sony and Nintendo.
Don't get me wrong I'm not a 360 fan in anyway, I actually think the console is cheap piece of shit that always breaks.
I'm just saying the reality of the situation is that PS3 isn't going just blow it out of the water, it's still far behind in sales. So thinking something like that is the fanboy in you talking. :lol:

I should of said graphic pixle smoother, because thats what it is. Its not rumors about another xbox they are working on it and it will be out before the P4.

Not a CD I bought, but a leak I downloaded. Listening to it now, after I'm done, it's gone. The album I'm talking about is of course the new Metallica offering which is about as interesting as my thumbtack collection (I don't really have one, I just thinking it'd be a very dull thing to collect). So many fanboys out there screaming how awesome it is, that it's better than St. Anger (big achievement there) and so forth. Well it's not even mediocre.:S It has one semi-good song, one listenable song ,the rest is pretty much boring as fuck. Well, I still have 2 tracks to go, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah I heard it too and it's definitely better than St.Anger (big achievement there huh? :rolleyes: ), but still it's pretty much

AnimatedPooSteamingCLR.gif

Got home from Berlin with quite a good haul:

Mogwai - Rock Action
Dornenreich - In Luft Geritzt (Limited with bonus disc)
Red Sparowes/Made Out Of Babies/Battle Of Mice - Triad
Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine - Rampton
Mono - Gone
KYPCK - Cherno

Rivfadír;7591717 said:
Got home from Berlin with quite a good haul:
Dornenreich - In Luft Geritzt (Limited with bonus disc)

Ahhh I want that one so bad! :cry:

And the new Metallica isn't that bad after all. It's obviously not good, but not a piece of crap like I mentioned before. I'm having mixed-feelings about it :p .

Anyway, this is the recent stuff I bought:

23750Code_Red.jpg

Limited vinyl edition 500 copies! Mine is 389/500. I really like the vinyls that "Night of the Vinyl Dead" releases, the quality is extraordinary.

Also...:

84_in_the_sign_of_evil.jpg

+ Obsessed by cruelty.

Don't know if I accidentally got a piece of historical memorabilia, but it says "Made in West-Germany" o_O . You can imagine how shocked I was when I saw this hehe.

Finally...:

entersui.jpg

Still a bit far from finishing my DT collection, I'm missing "Of Chaos and Eternal Light" + the expensive singles/EP's that were released before Skydancer.

Ahhh someday, someday. At least I have all the albums :p .

EDIT:

I'm listening to the new Laibach album, "Kunst der Fuge," quite interesting approach to Bach's songs, I love it!

Was at our local cd-dealer with my girl today, because she wanted the new Amon Amarth. We were told t was first officialy released on Monday, but we were allowed to get it anyway. :) Got it in the 2cd+1dvd digibook edition, so in addition to the amazing music, it also looks great!

Anyway, for myself I got
:headbang: Otyg : Älvefärd / Sagovindars Boning re-realese :headbang:
Fun thing is, I wouldn't consider calling Otyg a big, famous band; still they have their own place on the shelf while other "bigger" bands are just sorted under the 'mixed o' section. Vintersorg also has his own place, but that's a bit more understandable, considering he is still active with this band and that he has released quite a few albums over the years....
Anyway, I have to agree with Vampyrian on this. Nothing new under the sun here, but I still had to have it. A bit dissapointing that there was absolutely nothing extra, ad I'm afraid they will do the same when they re-release the firt Týr album later on. (another album I'm looking forward to, even though I already own it)