Last CD you bought

Ahh that's a pity to be honest :(, you must feel terrible (and I'm not being sarcastic here).

Would you mind putting some links here, or at least of the Ulver CD? Thanks!
Yeah, it is a pity. I had over 500 CDs. I brought some with me, too. Fortunately I have an iPod, and an external hard drive. But I could only bring with the bare minimum when I came back the second time around. I basically just stayed after I moved here with two suitcases. Then when I went back I came back with two more suitcases, and brought along some video games and some movies and some very important books. But yeah, you learn very quickly what's expendable and what's not when you move overseas for good.

but....can't you find a way to send some cds to yourself? maybe a little bit expensive...but...if there's no other way....

but....can't you find a way to send some cds to yourself? maybe a little bit expensive...but...if there's no other way....
I have one box that will get sent eventually. But some of the stuff I just decided to sell. Plus, I have a big box of really important books that I need for when I start my graduate program.

Anyway, I don't even have a stereo right now, just my computer and iPod so I'm not so wracked up.

And all that later Ulver stuff got really, really stale for me. I have all those EPs that are super rare and stuff, but IDM was never really my thing.

Plus, it's fucking expensive and the economy in Sweden is bad enough that I can't get a job as a mover or a cleaner. So, yeah.

I have one box that will get sent eventually. But some of the stuff I just decided to sell. Plus, I have a big box of really important books that I need for when I start my graduate program.

Anyway, I don't even have a stereo right now, just my computer and iPod so I'm not so wracked up.

And all that later Ulver stuff got really, really stale for me. I have all those EPs that are super rare and stuff, but IDM was never really my thing.

Plus, it's fucking expensive and the economy in Sweden is bad enough that I can't get a job as a mover or a cleaner. So, yeah.

Ah well it's a pity that you don't like Ulver anymore, but do remember to post the links of the items here please :) . Why do you say that the economy in Sweden is bad? I thought Scandinavian counties were doing fine :ill:.

Ah well it's a pity that you don't like Ulver anymore, but do remember to post the links of the items here please :) . Why do you say that the economy in Sweden is bad? I thought Scandinavian counties were doing fine :ill:.
Nope, the economy here sucks. For me to get into at length would definitely turn into a political discussion, which I think should probably be avoided at all costs. But let's just say that the world economy has long been an issue for Sweden, and right now they're in as much of a crisis as the rest of the world. Particularly, for example, production. Both Saab and Volvo are/were owned by American companies that had a bit of an issue (*cough*) and have laid of tons of workers all over Sweden. Jobs are just hard to get, they're firing people at cleaning firms because they can't afford to keep them. Getting a job in this environment is not at all easy. Enrollment in university programs is incredibly high right now because of it, and since the 90s Sweden has had huge issues with young adult unemployment as it is.

The reasons are up for debate (well, I don't actually think they are, but several political parties certainly would wish to debate with me about that), but the effects cannot be debated. Sure, the shit hasn't quite hit the fan like it did in the States, but things are far from rosy here.

Oh, and Norway is doing great, but that's because they have the weirdest government in the entire world (i.e., a ridiculously responsible one) and large oil reserves. Which is also, of course, how they've managed to survive so well outside of the EU.

And I still love Ulver's earlier stuff, but I think the stuff post-Nattens Madrigal is really weak, and by the time you get into the "Silence" EPs it just gets bad. Perdition City is pretty cool, but it certainly didn't stick with me.

acov_tid92630.jpg

Just got the new Paradise Lost in the mail today. I'm not too fond of the whole artwork but it came in such a book-shaped box.....I'd love to see V release something like that one day.