Last CD you bought

Well, we both like BG pretty much, so it was a good purchase. Good album I say, but need to hear it more times. There are often things you miss in the start which become more apparent in time.

Yeah it's a very different album so it may take a couple of listens to grow on you (I only needed one :p ), but it's really good.

Blind Guardian don't know how to put out bad albums.

The first two need some work (mainly on the production area), even so they are far from being "bad" albums :headbang: . They were re-released anyhow, but I haven't heard the ones with the new production.

BG's consistency is nothing short of amazing, few bands can do that.

Got these babies today:

Anathema - A Natural Disaster
Ásmegin - Arv
Candlemass - Nightfall (remastered)
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams (remastered)
Candlemass - Tales Of Creation (remastered)
My Dying Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings (ltd. boxset edition)
Satyricon - The Age Of Nero (collectors edition)
:headbang:

Got these babies today:

Ásmegin - Arv

Lots of Doom :p , have you heard Candlemass' new EP Lucifer Rising? It's very good! :headbang:

Got these babies today:

Ásmegin - Arv

You have the new Asmegin, is it any goodd?

Lots of Doom :p , have you heard Candlemass' new EP Lucifer Rising? It's very good! :headbang:

Yep, I downloaded it. Didn't really like it that much. Though the new songs weren't bad in any way, it just sounded a bit mediocre. Anyway, Epicus... will always remain my C-mass favourite. No one can sing like Johan Längqvist.

Only listened to it once. After the incredible/superfantastic/awesome debut that "Hin Vordende Sod Og So" was, I was really, really dissapointed. Here's my 5 cents:

* All the songs are basicly in mid-tempo all the time - and I'm pretty sure there wasn't even a trace of blastbeats anywhere

* Many songs sounds way too much prog. Though not in the same vein as for example Vintersorg or the Borkies. More like Tyr which I find is one of the most overrated bands in a long time.

* The clean vocals are good, though nowhere near Lazare's incredible performance

* The growls and the female vocals are perfectly executed, though there's very little "black metal screams" and nowhere near the vocal variation that can be found on the debut.

* The violins sounds good, though they aren't as evident and "flowing" as earlier. At many times, they sound a bit sadder and less folkish. Think a bit more like My Dying Bride - which of course never is wrong because MDB is da shit! :headbang:

* Some songs just stops in the middle of the track and nothing happens. As if they don't know what to do with the song. Listening to this record made me feel very tired and that's exactly the opposite of what the debut made feel.

* All in all, an EXTREME DISSAPOINTMENT AND SADNESS that I haven't experienced since Otyg officially disbanded on that dreadful day in March 2002.

Bear in mind, these are my thoughts after just ONE listen. I'm sure it will eventually grow on me but I already know that I will always cherish "Hin Vordende Sod Og So" way more than "Arv". I'm gonna listen to it some more this evening whilst drinking beer :kickass: - hopefully that will make it better... :p

It's not bad, but far away from Hin Vordende...This is almost another band.

Mid/slow tempo almost all the time/Lack of agression severely.

They managed to create something very different from Hin Vordende and still being fairly original and not SO happy (thanx Oden for that, I don't like the happy folk so much, maybe Otyg is the happiest folk metal I can tolerate).

More ambient oriented this time, and some 'progressive' (half-assed prog as Tyr, ex: Prunkende, Stolt i Jokumsol...wtf?) sections.

I dunno how but Arv has an uneasy/depressive vibe, specially on slow parts, female vocals and violin sections, it's like it drains energy from you.

The violin is used as a 'voice' most of the time (I like the way it's used here).

Vocals: Female: great, Deep growl: good enough, grim: good enough. There's some clean male vocals, decent ones but compared to Lars are nothing.

There's no insane interaction between the vocals as before.

Overall: it's better than the most of folk metal you can find around (like turisas, korpiklaani and all that drunken shit), but this is a huge step down from their excellent Hin Vordende. I'm dissapointed but still is a good album. It's a grower for sure.

Thanks to Draugen, and Allfader for their mini reviews, much appreciated. Sounds like this one is a step down, none the less I will try and give it a spin when I can get a hold of a copy.

I recently got:

Destruction: D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.

Ltd. 1000 ed. only available at the Nuclear Blast.de web-shop! Very, very nice! It came with the cd (digi, obviously), Thrash Anthems, a shoulder bag (which is of amazingly good quality and quite nice), a belt :headbang: , a "flag" (bad printing quality though), a sticker and a signed photo (I'm quite mad because you can tell that it's a copy).

Very nice, I'll post some pics later.

After Forever: Equally Destructive ltd. DVD single (it came scratched, oh well I don't complain too much about it though, it was cheap).

Nav': Halls of Death (LP). Quite nice, I've yet listened to it, but from what I heard it sounded good. I really liked the cover so I bought it because of that :p .

I'm surprised at the negative reactions to Arv I fell in love with it from the first listen. It is very interesting how differently I perceived the album to the comments made here, but I can understand that it is not for everyone.

The only let down (for me) are the male clean vocals which don't match up to Lars on the first album (but who could).

Also on a different topic check out The Amenta, if you haven't heard of them (or if you have), nOn (new album) is brilliant. I can't get enough of it.

I'm surprised at the negative reactions to Arv I fell in love with it from the first listen. It is very interesting how differently I perceived the album to the comments made here, but I can understand that it is not for everyone.

I'm really enjoying Arv, will be buying it shortly.<3

:p I will admit that it isn't as good as the first one... but like you I was hooked just after the first listen which is always nice.:)

Blind Guardian - Imaginations From the Other Side (Expanded Edition) for 8€ (shipping included)

Another BG CD, slowly but surely I'm working my way to owning them all.:)