Last CD you bought

It's difficult to call Michael Jackson a musician, he's more of a performer and dancer who doesn't play any instrument. He only wrote a few songs on Thriller, i like to think Michael JacksonS music go's beyond pop music. .

It's difficult to call Michael Jackson a musician, he's more of a performer and dancer who doesn't play any instrument. He only wrote a few songs on Thriller, i like to think Michael JacksonS music go's beyond pop music. .

He sings... don't forget he has an amazing voice. He just did a lot of crap later in his career. But he has dem bagpipes, lemme tell you. Listen to anything off Bad...

Svarthjärtad;8191349 said:
Vikingarna, Sven-Ingvars, The Refreshments, Solar Plexus, Roger Pontare, Ainbusk, Kent, Malena Ernman, Rullar Fram. Some of these are like pop, inde, or what we call "dansband" stuff like that. Good stuff, I think. Some of it. Oh, and Roxette and H.E.A.T.!!!!

Alright, some of these bands are good, some may vary from taste to taste. But even mentioning Vikingarna and Sven-Ingvars is just downright mean! I mean, if you necessarily have to go the "dansband" way, then at least pick something like Arvingarna who are a bit more current, and have actually done some very decent pop covers for their repertoire.
Or if you are just up for a silly laugh -> Black Ingvars!

And how come you didn't mention Caroline af Ugglas? Now there is a kick-ass Swedish singer for you!

A girl gave me this as a present:

Astral Doors [heavy metal (sometimes borderline power metal) from Sweden].

- Of The Son And The Father
- Evil is Forever
- Astralism
- New Revelation

I'm not a heavy metal fan at all, but this guys are very catchy, good riffs and the vocals...the singer is the satanic Dio's twin (that's incredible - and horrible for some people at the same time ). Sometimes the music itself sounds like Dio and that can be annoying for some - even more than just the voice - but still it's very good heavy metal.

* I dunno why she thought I like heavy metal too much, but still the band deserves some attention.

Tarja - My Winter Storm.

I think all people here knows her. She sings godly, but the music is very simple, uninteresting and almost pop-mainstream, excepting some pieces with a little of classical influence.

* Again, I've never been a Nightwish fan, but still some songs are nice. I like Die Alive, Minor Heaven, Sing for me and Ciaran's Well, Lost Northern Star and I walk Alone are still listenable songs.

Therion - The Secret Of The Runes.

Another well known band, an excellent album that I wished to own someday. For obvious reasons, the most appreciated album from the package.

I'd like to know what Draugen thinks about the last My Dying Bride being a fan like me from the thrash of naked limbs

I'm pretty sure I wrote about this earlier in this thread.
But to put it short, it's a great record. Perhaps I was a bit overwhelmed when I first heard it, thinking it was a back-to-the-90's-masterpiece. But the fact remains, MDB cannot ever accomplish anything remotly near "Turn Loose-The Angel-Of The Sun" in my opinion. And THREE songs UNDER the 5-minute mark!?!?! (as strange as it may seem, this was not a typo) If you love My Dying Bride you know that this is nothing but insanity.
Still, it's one of their best albums since 1996.

Alright, some of these bands are good, some may vary from taste to taste. But even mentioning Vikingarna and Sven-Ingvars is just downright mean! I mean, if you necessarily have to go the "dansband" way, then at least pick something like Arvingarna who are a bit more current, and have actually done some very decent pop covers for their repertoire.
Or if you are just up for a silly laugh -> Black Ingvars!

And how come you didn't mention Caroline af Ugglas? Now there is a kick-ass Swedish singer for you!

Hehe. Yes, I forgot!
As I said, Dansband is not very well liked by our generation. My mother listens to it, and some of it, I like.
Vikingarna is good, I think. "Albatross" and when they did the Christmas carol, "Hej Mitt Vinterland". Hehe.
I could be really mean and suggest something like Malena Ernman or The Sounds. Hehe. But Malena's new song "La Voix", I like her voice, just not her music.

I just got the running order for Sweden Rock Festival 2009 yesterday, it came out. I am very unhappy with how many shitty bands are there, and I'm unhappy that all of the good bands are playing mostly at the same times.
Candlemass and H.E.A.T. are playing same time. Impellitteri and Stormzone! UFO and Demon! What the hell? Not fair! And why the hell is Sevendust, In Flames, Soilwork, Flogging Molly, Volbeat playing? I thought last year were bad. This is outrageous. Instead of those, can't they have like Hellennium or Skald(hell yeah!:kickass: )?
...and yes, I'm a fan of 80s hair metal stuff. Big fan actually.

Oh hell, yeah. I'm still looking forward to it, but just not as happy. 2006 was good, only on account I got to see my future wife(at least in my dreams), DORO PESCH! God, I love her. My first SRF was Manowar, which is always an experience. Bloodbound was good in 2007, I think it was. I loved them. I never been to Wacken, but my friends that have been, I hear SRF is still wayyyyy better than that.
I'm barely making it to SRF this year, not much money to spend because when I come back, I'm going to Rocklahoma here in the USA. We'll have to meet up, I'll mostly be at the Zeppelin stage it seems to be. Last year, the guys in the tight panties... that was hilarious!!!! HEHEHE! I nearly pissed myself. And passed out durring Poison. Hehe.

Yesterday I got these beauties:

Rhapsody of Fire: Triumph or Agony (ltd. German slipcased digi-pack)(I love this band, it's so sad that they're on hold. Damn Magic Circle Music!)

Great Epic-power Metal, much better than SEL II.

Therion: The Beauty in Black (EP)

I thought it was going to be of the Black/Death stage, but it has the symphonic choruses and everything so I guess it's probably the first EP in which they used that.

Borknagar: The Olden Domain (picture LP! Very nice :D)

Great Black Metal, better than most bands out there. If you're reading this, you know what I mean.

I just got around to buying the latest/new Helloween album, "Gambling with the Devil".
After all is said an done, this is easily their best record. I don't really like much of what Kiske did with them, I strongly prefer Andi Deris era. It is a darker album, still a lot of melody and (I think) the very definition of Power Metal. Still one of the true power metal bands staying true to the real sound, nothing like Dragonforce, Dragonland, etc... that is not real power metal or even fake power metal, it just horrible to me.
I strongly suggest to buy it if a fan!

I recently got

Wardruna - Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga
Septic Flesh - Communion
Thurs - Mot Nord (Demo, limited to 250 copies)

I would recommend Wardruna to anyone who like folk music, especially Norse folk music.