Last December tour

squeemu

Feb 24, 2003
Southern California
Visit site
I know this is old, but I just joined here so here goes...I saw Symphony X with Blind Guardian last December, and it was an amazing show. Both bands were awesome, but I believe Symphony X put on a bit of a better show (I love both bands the same, so this is unbiased) However, I hear Symphony X got a bad reception in many towns. Luckily, in L.A., they had a HUGE reception and even got to play a much chanted for encore. How were they received in the towns where any of you saw them?

They got excellent receptions when I saw them in Cleveland, Chicago and San Francisco (SF being the only headlining gig of the tour due to BG being stranded in Seattle with a broken down tour bus)!

Snowmaker said:
Better than BG did. I think about 1/3 of the Detroit crowd left once Symphony X was done.

I was one that left... I had to work early the next morning. I called Harpos to see if I could find out what time they would be going on tonight; I didn't find out but heard on the message that there is SIX opening bands! I have to work tommorow also... AAHHHHH!!