Last Metal Purchase

Quote:-----------------------------------------------------
by Mr. Shred-ididle
i'm ordering suffocation's pierced from within now!
------------------------------------------------------------

I must grab that album soon. It supposedly rips. One of the few amazing straight death metal albums.

Callenish Circle - My Passion // Your Pain
Opeth - Morningrise
In Flames - Whoracle
Beyond the Embrace - Against the Elements
Metallica - Kill Em All
Labyrinth - Labyrinth
Wesley Willis DVD - The Daddy of Rock and Roll (the guys dead s =o I figured I'd grab this before the price went up).

Suffocations Pierced From Within is THE blueprint for extreme and brutal death metal. Nile is the only other contemporary act that comes close but are so doom laden and oppressive in the production that I find it difficult to listen to. Suffocations production is a more traditional and open sounding album. There are however some amazing low frequency thuds on this album so beware your speakers.

Another two converts to this legendary band.

The use of the blast beat is simply a mind blowing experience. No-one has done what they did with those insectoid riffs and insane drums. Plus you can hear the bassplayer who has some amazing chops.

Preordered Edge of Sanity-Crimson II
Got these from the end:

At The Gates-Slaughter of the Soul re-issue with 6 extra tracks (about time)

Dissection-Storm of the Light's Bane digipack including 'Where dead angels lie' EP (about time too)

Orphaned Land-El Norra Alila

Ulver-Themes from William Blake's 'The Marriage of Heaven and Hell' (whoops, not metal :Smug: )

My Dying Bride-The Angel and the Dark River digipack with 4 bonus tracks (about time too)

Porcupine Tree-Signify (special 2 cd edition with extra CD 'Insignificance').....yes, about time too, and yes, not metal either

Green Carnation-Light of Day, Day of Darkness

Arcturus-The Sham Mirrors

:headbang:

ENCHANT-TUG OF WAR (I know, not REAL metal)
BEYOND THE SIXTH SEAL-HOMICIDE DIVINE (LOVE this band!)
AMARAN-A WORLD DEPRAVED (picked up as a suggestion)
NIGHTWISH-CENTURY CHILD (my guilty pleasure)
ANATHEMA-SILENT ENIGMA RE-ISSUE (for those happy summer days)
JASON BECKER-PERSPECTIVE (WOW!)
PORCUPINE TREE-SIGNIFY 2CD REISSUE (never heard it before, actually kind of disappointing after the genius that was In Absentia)

My last purchase was:

Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper

and

Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild

Yeaaah!

Oh wait, I just preordered Death Cult Armageddon a few hours ago at Century Media...$10, free shipping and a free poster! Good stuff...

I just came home from the mall with Aborted - Goremageddon
; the Saw and the Carnage Done, Cryptopsy - Whisper Supremacy and Lamb of God - As The Palaces Burn.

I didn't intend to get anything at all. =(