Top 2003 Contenders - What have you got thus far?

The new Falkenbach is beautiful, but I don't like the black digipak 'special edition'. I actually think the artwork of the actual album looks stunning and much better than just the logo on it's own on a black digipak.

I wish I had got this version:

Falkenbach_OkNefnaTysvarTy.jpg

Same number of tracks if that's what you mean. However, the digipak does contain the inlay booklet with the artwork on an inside pocket if that's a compromise for you. I just think the artwork is so nice, why hide it?

ChiefB said:
This is my selection (in no order) for 2003

1. Nightfall - I am Jesus
2. Amon Amarth - Versus the World
3. Evergrey - Recreation Day
4. Iron Maiden - Dance of Death
5. Watch Them Die - Watch Them Die
6. Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
7. Star One - Live on Earth
8. Lacuna Coil - Comalies
9. Cradle of Filth - Damnation and a Day
10. The Darkness - Permission to Land

This could all change.

Lacuna Coil doesn't qualify as 2002.,

Jaykeeley said:
Amon Amarth - Technically, that's a 2002 release depending on how you look at release dates.
Papa Josh said:
Lacuna Coil doesn't qualify as 2002.,

* DOH *

These are my 2003 entries (I must stay off the coffee) !!

1. Nightfall - I am Jesus
2. Evergrey - Recreation Day
3. Iron Maiden - Dance of Death
4. Watch Them Die - Watch Them Die
5. Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
6. Star One - Live on Earth
7. Cradle of Filth - Damnation and a Day
8. The Darkness - Permission to Land
9. King Diamond - Puppet Master
10. Voivod - Voivod

The year is not over, yet.

JayKeeley said:
Yes yes, the new Nokturnal Mortum is a must-have.

Do you have it then? I have found some songs via P2P (which are absoletely amazing) but i couldn't find any mailorder that carries the damn thing.

I'll refrain from writing a 2003 Top-Ten list until the end of the year, because there's a lot of good stuff i haven't heard yet (for example the new Skepticism) but I can assure you: The new Falkenbach will definitely take a top 3 spot. this is some of the most beautiful and moving music I have ever heard... simply... not of this world.

Slooshying Falkenbach makes me wanna kill christians, whereas slooshying Ludwig Van makes me wanna rape christian wenches. So there's a malenky difference :D

Classic movie...

Shakermaker said:
Do you have it then? I have found some songs via P2P (which are absoletely amazing) but i couldn't find any mailorder that carries the damn thing.
No, sorry - I meant that it's a "must have" as in it's a "must hunt down and buy as soon as possible". :erk: It is out somehow though because people are already throwing it into their top 10's, but I bet that's just people assuming it's going to be good, and pretending that they own it already, so it becomes a safe bet.

The new Falkenbach will definitely take a top 3 spot. this is some of the most beautiful and moving music I have ever heard... simply... not of this world.
Yes, indeed it is stunning. BUT, I'm just a little concerned that it may not have that same lasting appeal as the other two. Whereas the first album explores several dimensions, the latest one seems to fall into a 'comfort zone'.

Again, it's brilliant stuff, but I bet in one years time, I'll be pulling out the other albums before this one. Perhaps. Although the three of them together would work quite brilliantly now as a trilogy of sorts.