Last movie watched?

I rented Tropic Thunder over the weekend, it was okay. Took the kids to see Monsters Vs Aliens, that was good but the price of 3-D movies is ridiculous. I went at 12:15 (during the matinee times), Adult ticket: $11.00, Children: $10.50 (each). With popcorn, snacks & drinks, I ended up spending $51. I'm just gonna wait until movies are on DVD and rent them, then buy it if we like it. I can't afford $51 each time a good kids movie comes out.

Not bad, not great. Does not have a Hollywood ending (which for once I was hoping for). A little simplistic, and definitely was a little too predictable. But, on the other hand it was decent. Something that is definitely NOT uplifting at the end. It may be a movie that tried too hard.

Yesterday I saw He`s not that into you.

Don`t laugh at me.

too late. :lol:

i watched 'American Gangster' last night.
it was decent, but not as good as i'd thought it might be.
Denzell Washington is good, but he just comes across better when he's playing a 'good guy' than as a criminal.

too late. :lol:

i watched 'American Gangster' last night.
it was decent, but not as good as i'd thought it might be.
Denzell Washington is good, but he just comes across better when he's playing a 'good guy' than as a criminal.

Have you seen "Training Day" he's great in that and he plays an evil bastard.

good review and i agree.

i watched 'The Last King of Scotland' last night. it was the eyewitness account of Idi Amin's personal doctor at the beginning of Amin's reign.

what a freakball Amin was!
it was a pretty good movie. even though i knew the outcome, i was still holding my breath at the end.
Exellent film. Forrest Whitaker as Amin was really intense.

Exellent film. Forrest Whitaker as Amin was really intense.

i read somewhere that Whitaker said that he got so wrapped up in the character that it took him awhile after finishing the movie to get Amin out of his head.

i read somewhere that Whitaker said that he got so wrapped up in the character that it took him awhile after finishing the movie to get Amin out of his head.

Forrest Whitaker's like that. He was said to be lost in Hong Kong for 11 years after the making of "Bloodsport" and was seen creeping on rooftops for a dozen moons after making "Ghost Dog."

By the way, couldn't watch "American Gangster." Tell me something, was the whole film shot with the camera lens cover on or what? It was so fuckin dark, even the daytime scenes were difficult to see. Since that film didn't have much talking, I couldn't tolerate a bunch of humming silhouettes, so I turned it off. Pity, too. I had watched a docu on Barnes and the rise of heroine in harlem, so I wanted to see this movie.

Jurched

Forrest Whitaker's like that. He was said to be lost in Hong Kong for 11 years after the making of "Bloodsport" and was seen creeping on rooftops for a dozen moons after making "Ghost Dog."

By the way, couldn't watch "American Gangster." Tell me something, was the whole film shot with the camera lens cover on or what? It was so fuckin dark, even the daytime scenes were difficult to see. Since that film didn't have much talking, I couldn't tolerate a bunch of humming silhouettes, so I turned it off. Pity, too. I had watched a docu on Barnes and the rise of heroine in harlem, so I wanted to see this movie.

Jurched

I didn't get a chance to see the movie, but I saw most of the documentary. I can't believe Barnes isn't still in jail.

I didn't get a chance to see the movie, but I saw most of the documentary. I can't believe Barnes isn't still in jail.

the detective that arrested him became a defense lawyer and defended him.

and yes, Jurched, my love, the movie remained dark and grainy throughout.

good review and i agree.

i watched 'The Last King of Scotland' last night. it was the eyewitness account of Idi Amin's personal doctor at the beginning of Amin's reign.

what a freakball Amin was!
it was a pretty good movie. even though i knew the outcome, i was still holding my breath at the end.

Thanks!

I've been wanting to watch that but haven't found the time. I'll see if I can find the copy I have laying around...Forest Whitaker is a kickass actor...

'Bangkok Dangerous,' starring Nicholas Cage.
i usually love his movies, but this one was so boring.
Cage is turning into a really weird looking old guy.