Last movie watched?

i watched 'The Wrestler' last night. i liked the old school 80's soundtrack.
Mickey Rourke did a good job and he was completely ripped up for this role!
the storyline was kind of plodding and it was a little hard to watch, but mainly because i felt so bad for this character.
i dont watch professional 'wrestling' anymore, but i remember a time when i enjoyed it a lot. this was a peek at what happens when these performers have abused their bodies to the max and they're at the end of the line.

i watched 'The Wrestler' last night. i liked the old school 80's soundtrack.
Mickey Rourke did a good job and he was completely ripped up for this role!
the storyline was kind of plodding and it was a little hard to watch, but mainly because i felt so bad for this character.
i dont watch professional 'wrestling' anymore, but i remember a time when i enjoyed it a lot. this was a peek at what happens when these performers have abused their bodies to the max and they're at the end of the line.

Cool! Maybe I'll have to watch it, then. I like the idea of sports and entertainers destroying their health in exchange for years of fame, fortune, and glory. Something "This is Sparta!" about it...

Jurched

I watched The Wrestler last night. I liked the movie a lot, mainly because I grew up watching wrestling. Unfortunately, what happens in The Wrestler is true with a lot of the older wrestlers. When they were in the spotlight, they were wrestling over 300 days a year, couldn't take time off for injuries and a lot of them got hooked on painkillers & a lot of other drugs. It's not like after the wrestlers work for a certain amount of years that they can collect a retirement check, have health benefits, etc. Guys like King Kong Bundy, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Ken Patera, Bobby Eaton, Ricky Morton are still wrestling because they still need to make a living, and these guys are in their 50's & 60's. It's a shame, but the wrestling business is a hard way of life.

I watched the new Punisher movie over the weekend. This was the third effort at that storyline and again they failed to capture the character and stay true to the comic. This is probably the last we'll see of that character I imagine. Was there anyone on here that liked it?
I haven't seen The Wrestler so that is next on the list for later this week...

I liked the Punisher. Now, I am not a comic fan or anything, but I thought the movie was just a good old action flick. Lots of meaningless violence, enjoyable though. I rented the Blu-Ray not expecting much, but was surprised! I wouldnt buy it though.

I watched the extended Xmen-Origins 2 hour preview (leaked version) the other night. And for a garbage copy it seemed to be a decent movie. The best part though, was actually seeing what a rough copy looks like before the effects are added. I swear to god they used those old batman POW symbols for explosions, and Tron like CGI inplace of the real stuff. I am going to drop my 15 dollars to see it in Imax next week.

I watched THE WRESTLER last night. It was directed by Aranofsky, who is probably the only director around who does watchable "unhappy" movies. The Euro-trash-Cannes critics always dump on American films for ending on a happy note, but Aronofsky's movies always nosedive into human misery at the end.

I started feeling sorry for Rourke's character but I reminded myself that this is the story of a guy who had it all and loved doing it. Its a story that all good things come to an end, so I figured "the Ram's" life dead-ending in a shitter is most appropriate. Sad, but appropriate.

Also, I was a big wrestling fan in the 80s but I watched mostly televised bouts, which of course were big venues. I attended only two live shows in 83 and 84, and there were thousands of attendees. So I'm a bit stunned that the film shows the wrestlers being assigned their opponents only moments before showtime, and casusally discussing their moves.

I mean, I always thought the wrestlers had preplanned choreography and practise sessions with their opponents. I didn't imagine they were making up the shit as they go along!

Is that common practise in the smaller club venues?

Jurched

Is that common practise in the smaller club venues?

Jurched

Unfortunately, it is. My friend Dustin & I met Spike Dudley/Brother Runt (one of the many Dudley Boys back in '06 at Applebee's in South Hill, VA. Spike new he had a match with Abyss but didn't know what kind of match until we told him (no holds barred). Spike was shocked when we told him, so he started drinking double-shots of Jack, because he knew Abyss likes to use thumb tacks. Spike is a very cool guy, it was nice hanging out with him before his match.