Latest setlists

PaganThunder

Wotansvolk
Jul 6, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
just wondering what songs us Aussies are most likely going to be hearing off the latest DT album Character? What ones do they usually do? im guessing they'll open with the new build but i would have no clue what other songs they'd play.

Also does anyone have any live mp3's or videos of any songs from Character?
Cheers.

sept.7th osaka japan

THE TREASON WALL
LOST TO APATHY
WHITE NOISE BLACK SILENCE
TEH SUN FIRED BLANKS
THE NEW BUILD
THE WONDERS AT YOUR FEET
WHERE DEATH IS MOST ALIVE(NEW SONG)
THE ENDLESS FEED
HEDON
HAVEN
DAMAGE DONE
THERE IN
MONOCROMATIC STAINS
ZODIJACKYL LIGHT
PUNISH MY HEAVEN

(ENCORE)
LETHE
MY NEGATION
FINAL RESISTANCE

sept.11 tokyo.japan
1.Intro~The Treason Wall
2.Lost To Apathy
3.White Noise/Black Silence
4.The Sun Fired Blanks
5.The New Build
6.The Wonders At Your Feet
7.Where Death Is Most Alive(new song!)
8.The Endless Feed
9.Hedon
10.Haven
11.Damage Done
12.Therein
13.Monochromatic Stains
14.Zodijackyl Light
15.Punish My Heaven
<Encore>
16.Lethe
17.My Negation
18.Final Resistance

and here is a taste of 2006 jap tour audio, enjoy:)
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D5B26E776FB49D38

No it's a kind of publicity on Japan Radio for the Tokyo concerts with the Sun Fired Blanks live, plus The New Build.

They definately (sp?) vary their setlist to little. Isnt it a bit dull with "Final Recistance" at the end every single time? I&#180;d rather see "At loss for words" asw the ending track in the future. The band members gotta be getting of playing the same tracks over and over again too.

Makaan said:
They definately (sp?) vary their setlist to little. Isnt it a bit dull with "Final Recistance" at the end every single time? I´d rather see "At loss for words" asw the ending track in the future. The band members gotta be getting of playing the same tracks over and over again too.
Sometimes they play the exact same setlist in several gigs, and sometimes they only switch the positions of two songs or play one more song. It's awful when you think that they almost (and i emphasize the word 'almost' there because i don't have the nerve for "they used to play that song in ______" comments right now) never play stuff like At loss for words, The same, Auctioned, The poison well or I, deception. And yes, i am very fed up with Final resistance and Punish my Heaven, especially the latter.

UndoControl said:
Sometimes they play the exact same setlist in several gigs, and sometimes they only switch the positions of two songs or play one more song. It's awful when you think that they almost (and i emphasize the word 'almost' there because i don't have the nerve for "they used to play that song in ______" comments right now) never play stuff like At loss for words, The same, Auctioned, The poison well or I, deception. And yes, i am very fed up with Final resistance and Punish my Heaven, especially the latter.

Yes, it has always being a mystery for me on why they don't change thier setlists at all... . Maybe we should make a letter/thread on this phorum requsting that? Becuase I mean, 'tis not that I would ever hate any setlist of DT, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear some other songs live.

I think it's amazing they've never played Auctioned. The best song in the Projector (IMO) and they don't play it. Mikael's voice is just sooo fuuucking beautiful on that song... pity, pity :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Bloodred said:
Maybe we should make a letter/thread on this phorum requsting that?
No, i spoke to Br&#228;ndstr&#246;m at Evolution and he said that they don't really choose their setlists (it's more of a which-is-the-crowd's-favorite-song matter) and that songs like FR and PMH will stay in their setlist forever.

Bloodred said:
I think it's amazing they've never played Auctioned.
They played that in Osaka in 1999. Shame you haven't looked at the bootlegs i've sent you.

UndoControl said:
No, i spoke to Brändström at Evolution and he said that they don't really choose their setlists (it's more of a which-is-the-crowd's-favorite-song matter) and that songs like FR and PMH will stay in their setlist forever.

They played that in Osaka in 1999. Shame you haven't looked at the bootlegs i've sent you.

Ahh ok. But we are fans, and we would love to listen to other songs too!!!

*ahem* *cof cof*

Well I actually haven't heard most of them, I don't have enough time. If I had a discman or a portable cd player, oh believe me, I would have already heard 'em all. I can only listren to music when I'm using the computer :cry: . And I still haven't downloaded parts 4,5 and 6. Thanx a lot for sending them though :) . There's no limited time to download them is it?

Will be seeing them for my first time this Sunday, and the above setlist makes me cream with delight... >_>

I guess I can see why you guys who have seen them quite a few times are tiring of the same old setlist though. Bit of variety's always good.

Makaan said:
Isnt it a bit dull with "Final Recistance" at the end every single time?

I asked Mikael about that in my latest interview and he said

Well, actually we like it so much... it is a fast and really intense song, then it is also really short and it has a perfect ending. It is not just because of the title, I just think the song really works. We might change it, but tonight we are going to do it. It is like one of those songs you feel very comfortable about. But we probably should change it, that is also true.

UndoControl said:
No, i spoke to Br&#228;ndstr&#246;m at Evolution and he said that they don't really choose their setlists (it's more of a which-is-the-crowd's-favorite-song matter) and that songs like FR and PMH will stay in their setlist forever.

I wonder how they could actually define that.

We can say that, on this forum, we are the most hardcore fan, and almost none of us is happy with Final Resistance beeing played.

I would more go with Nt3n explaination and actually i have the feeling that Dark Tranquillity is always hurrying when they tour.
They should really stop doing first part and headline, they deserve it and with good first parts it would not be a problem.
They would then have more time to play more songs, take their time a bit more, and include more "specials" songs.

I think it's like over 1 year they're not playing format c for cortex, so I would place too much hope on it.. monochromatic stains is usually part of most setlists so they should do it :)