Latest Thrash Metal Releases

I loved the new Kreator, their adherance to Iron Maiden-ish melodies here and there doesn't really bother me, because the rest of the album Thrashes pretty damn well.

I'm looking forward to the new Overkill and SODOM.

Yeah, I'm not into the whole "enemy of God" deal, but the music slays all hell. I personally dig the Maiden-ish bits.

The new Kreator is very good. Kills most of the stuff they released in the 90's including that total swag of piss known as Cause for Conflict.

I have a band I would like to recommend all to check out... MERCENARY. Their new album 11 Dreams just was released in America and it is nothing short of amazing. It is very heavy progressive metal. Think of Evergrey on steroids. It has death vocals incorporated into it with some thrashy and blackened moments. It is really something out of this world.

Look out for the new Bywar album this year called Heretic Signs. There's a video out already for the self titled track, seen here. Also, here's a song from their previous album Invincible War. The song's called Thrashers Return.

The Ultra Violence is a great display of the primitive, raw energy the Bay Area had in its early days. The rest has a good riff every now and then between bad ideas and acoustic interludes.

New Overkill is pretty good (not Years of Decay good but almost as good as Bloodletting/Killbox)

Check out Delirium Tremens from Germany
and keep an eye on Dekapitator as they should have a new album out before too long.

Also, Dark Angel's "Darkness Returns" will be a riff slaughter-fest and I mark a true return to form of a former Thrash great.