Lazare - Solefald update?

kiwifury

New Metal Member
Mar 28, 2002
California
Just checked the official site, nada. What's the status on the new Solefald? Have you finished recording/post-production yet? Any release date?

We just finished recording and mixing the album, and I must say that Solefald has never sounded better! I am in the process of mastering it in Oslo this week, so very soon we will have more than an hour of music just aching to be released to you people. Sadly you will have to wait until January / February to get your sweaty paws on "In Harmonia Universali", as Century Media has scheduled it for an early 2003 release, but that's ok. We really didn't want the album to drown in the christmas rush anyway ;)

Well, it's certainly more experimental than "Pills...", but I think the whole sound and production of the album makes it feel more straight forward than it really is. The album will consist of ten songs, and the vocal arrangements are larger and more complex this time around. We brought along a male choir and a saxophone player (!) in the studio, and that worked out perfectly. I didn't use synths as much as I usually do in the recording process - in stead you will hear a lot of real Hammond organs (with a wooden Leslie case) and a Steinway grand piano. Damn I love those instruments!

The songtitles are:

I. Nutrisco et Extinguo
II. Mont Blanc Providence Crow
III. Christiania (Edvard Munch Commemoration)
IV. Epictetus & Irreversibility
V. Dionysify This Night of Spring
VI. Red Music Diabolos
VII. Buy My Sperm
VIII. Fraternité de la Grande Lumière
IX. The Liberation of Destiny
X. Sonnenuntergang im Weltraum

hehehe....ok, I got curious (not because of that title though ;) ) since I didn't know anything about Solefald so far. I'm currently having a look at the website......and I must say I'm having a good time reading there :D

Originally posted by TheRealLazare
Well, it's certainly more experimental than "Pills...", but I think the whole sound and production of the album makes it feel more straight forward than it really is. The album will consist of ten songs, and the vocal arrangements are larger and more complex this time around. We brought along a male choir and a saxophone player (!) in the studio, and that worked out perfectly. I didn't use synths as much as I usually do in the recording process - in stead you will hear a lot of real Hammond organs (with a wooden Leslie case) and a Steinway grand piano. Damn I love those instruments!
This sound tooo good! :) I really liked Neonism and Pills so I`m curious to hear the saxophone in the music now and more Hammond organs.... is something I will definitely like.

I`m only said we have to wait for it 4 or 5 more months.... :(

Sadly you will have to wait until January / February to get your sweaty paws on "In Harmonia Universali"

Come on Lazare, it's a very very very long agony until next year.

grand piano, hammond, saxophone, more experimental, better vocals... yep, i love this album now... as i said many times - you're hammondmaster Lars and your voice rules... :worship: :worship:

@ Eldzik: Thanks, man. Hope the album will live up to your expectations ;)

@ Ayoria: I know it's a long wait, but sadly I don't controll CMs release schedule, and they have decided that "In Harmonia Universali" will be an early 2003 release. Nothing I can do 'bout that, I'm afraid...

@Lars: c'mon... if it's more experimental than "Pills..." and have better sound than "Neonism" i will don't disappointment :D

@ Eldzik: Hehe - I'm actually quite confident that you (and the rest of our fans) will be very pleased with this album... But then again, you never know... Solefald is strange creature and so is our audience :)

i love strange creatures like Ved Buens Ende or Fleuerty. for me "Pills" was to metalish... great that you're pleased with new album - it's most important thing for musicans ;)

hell yeah good news from the masters of red/black music
and the songtitles rock
but some questions about them:
fraternite de la grande lumiere"(the brotherhood of the big light)"is it again in french like omnipolis?
and "sonnenuntergang im weltraum"(sunset in space)is it a song in german?????!!!!(IMO I would say its an instrumental,the title sounds like something without vocals,just the music creates the mood of and sunset in space but anyway)
if yes which one of you 2 writes in german(the french things is cornelius I know)?
and nutricso et extinguo(I nutrify and I extinguish) is not in latin right?
are there longer songs,about 7 or 8 minutes,on harmonia?
are there ideas for the cover(edward munch perhaps*g*)
other questions will follow...

oh I forgot something:
its an old thing but Im still interested in it:
some years ago after release of neonism there had been plans for a remixalbum with the jernlov demo included
whats up with these remixes?are they now lost or just hidden waiting to be born on a new cd?(and the demo?I want it...)
will there be a possibility for the neonists to listen one day to them?

to all others which dont know nothing about these remixes heres an interview with some infos about hem(old but not a lie):
www.vronsdorlok.host.sk/solefald/inter.htm

@ Ayoria: I know it's a long wait, but sadly I don't controll CMs release schedule

Yes i know it's not your fault, but i realy want to listen it now. One question: this release is going to be in digipack like neonism and the linear scaffold??