Least Favorite Anthrax Album

johnnieCzech said:
what surprises me that Volume 8 leads this survey...
I'm not surprised, just disappointed. Most of the old-skoolers hate anything with Bush, especially this one. But, there are those of us who love it, like nafnikufesin. Anyway, I never listen to, and in fact don't have anymore, Fistful and Armed. I don't like Euphoria very much either, and I'd probably put that at the bottom. Geez, what kind of fan am I? I like I'm the Man because of the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath cover.

I'm not really big on the bush stuff so all i can really say is WCFYA and SOWN were great records but i havnt been so impressed with the snippets ive heard from stomp and vol.8. so ill have to put it down to the openers on each album....easy choice....random acts of sensless violence=immense,whilst crush is fucking crap IMO so volume 8 it is. for pr bush stuff (which i love) its probably Fistful or SOE although SOE is still a great listen.

Probably a tie between "State Of Euphoria" and "Live - The Island Years" - haven't listened to that last one in a loooonng time...

johnnieCzech said:
what surprises me that Volume 8 leads this survey...

Maybe that's why because many fans and metal heads mind a genre diversity of this "hard rock" album - take "Crush" vs. "Toast To The Extras", "Born Again Idiot" vs. "Harm's Way" etc. As for me, I love this album, it's very juicy. And the weakest one? FOM.

I'd go with Fistful of Metal, because L:TIY & MMD don't count (they're live albums).

BTW, Volume 8 rules! To me, it showed that Anthrax has a wide range of things that they can do, not just thrash. The album rounded out their repertoire.