Least Favorite Dark Tranquility Album?

What Is Your Least Favorite Dark Tranquility Album?

• Skydancer

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Of Chaos and Eternal Night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Gallery

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Enter Suicidal Angels

• The Mind's I

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Projector

• Haven

• Damage Done

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Steve

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2002
Fairfield, CT (USA)
What Is Your Least Favorite Dark Tranquility Album?
Simple Poll, Not so simple decision.
You can only vote for one choice.

This is a VERY hard decision...
I have to go with Projector because it has some of DT's worst songs.

The least excellent cd ... Enter suicidal angels. I still have it as a regular cd and the promo though :D

i haven't a "least favourite" album. it would be impossible to say. at least for the full length albums. i'd say "enter suicidal angels" for the other releases.

Miolo

I already posted here.. but it's gone.. :s

Projector is one of their best albums! :eek:
Anyway, I voted Skydancer, since I listen to that album the least. But Steve says it in good way.. "Least favourite album". See, even though you like it less then the other albums DT made, it is still one of your favourite cd's/albums. :D

:eek:
Really? :guh:

What about:
Hours Passed In Exile
White Noise/Black Metal
Single Part Of Two
Teh Treason wall
Teh Enemy!
...And all the others! :(
Hmmm.. Just didnt expect you to choose the DD I guess..

a) DD was a bit predictable. All other DT albums up to it had been quite surprising in their choices.

b) Even though I think the songwriting in DD is better than Haven, Haven was a much more original album. DD is "just" melodic death metal.

c) The lyrics aren't on par with previous efforts.

a) in my opinion this might also be because we've grown accustomed to dt's evolution in music-writing. perhaps it was just to be expected that harsher sounds and thrashier atmospheres were about to be involved again. i'm not criticizing your opinion, just trying to find a reason why.

b) i fail to notice the difference between haven and "just" melodic death metal. i find dd less standardized than the previous effort, in that it doesn't indulge in latter days trends as much as most melodic death records do. for instance, it seems to me that arch enemy's latest album or callenish circle's flesh_power_dominion are closer to haven (heh, sorry :rolleyes: ) than dd, what with the overlong, "the same"-ish structure of guitar riffs and perfect alternance of slow- and fast-paced parts.

c) this is perhaps the point i disagree with the most. to me, language in dd's lyrics is used much better than in the previous efforts (unless of course we compare it to niklas' songs), the concepts are less cryptic and redundant, there is less "playing around" with verses used as fillers (and takes us farther from... in, in, in, into my haven...) and the core of the message arrives sooner. i really cannot compare monochromatic stains with the inspirational, but way intimistic lyrics of any song on projector, or the almost endless juxtaposition of images of any song on haven.

rahvin.

a) I'm not really talking about expectations for a harsher album. I just don't feel DD brought any signficant new elements to their music, just modified and used previous ones.

b) I think Haven differs from "just" melodic death metal in a lot of ways. First, the songs are much more mid-paced than is usual with the genre. Second, the amount and style of the keyboards, which I haven't heard any other band use in a remotely similar way. Damage Done sounds much closer to Soilwork and Arch Enemy than anything on Haven imo. Songs like Emptier Still and At Loss for Words can't really be compared to any other Gothenburg bands.

c) I strongly prefer the lyrics of all previous works to both Damage Done and Haven, but the imagery of Haven strikes a deeper chord than on DD.

My least favourite: Projector or better: their worst album i.m.o., I shan't go into the why's and why-not's again...

The Mind's I is my 2nd least favourite but still a hell of a lot better than Projector, then not too inspired either... but what could one expect after The Gallery...