Leaving the States in less than 1 month, what should I buy?

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
Alright, my 4 month trip is almost over and now it's time to fulfill my G.A.S. needs. Any suggestions? I already bought a SM7b, it was almost half the price here, but I noticed that most of the non-american products and plugins like Neumann, AKG, Genelec and Waves are about same price or cheaper in Europe, and amps and other big items are a no-go because I can't take them to the airplane.

So any suggestions? My total budget is ~$1500

SCA wouldn't nessecary be a good choise as Finland and USA use different electrical system. (230V 50hz vs 120V 60hz)

What you DONT have?

I think it's easier to list what I already have:

1 bass
3 guitars (well technically 4 guitars and 2 basses but I'm selling the bass and guitar I have here before I move away unless I can ship them somehow)
1 djembe
1 tambourine
3 snares
1 sucky drumkit
3 guitar amps (peavey windsor, marshall mode four, bugera 333)
1 guitar cabinet (2x12" with V30's)
1 orange bass amp
2 genelec 8030a monitors
2 magnat hifi reference monitors
1 profire 610
1 rme multiface (for sale, btw)
1 sm pro audio pr8e, cheapo 8ch preamp
1 spl track one, 1ch preamp
1 tc electronic d-two delay
1 tc electronic m350 multifx
1 dbx 166xl compressor
1 behringer t1952 tubecompressor
1 2U rack drawer
2 portable racks (3U and 6U iirc)
1 table with 33U rackspace
2 radial j48 di-boxes
2 beyer dynamic vocal mics (opus 89 and 69)
5 shure sm57
1 shure sm7b
1 sennheiser e901 kick mic
3 sennheiser e604 tom mic
2 rode nt5
1 rode nt2a
1 rode ntg2
1 rode m3
2 ddrum kick triggers
1 ddrum snare trigger
3 ddrum tom triggers
1 behringer rack tuner
7 karma audio silver bullet
1 sansamp bass driver di
1 behringer di-20
2 stands
1 pro tools 8
1 cubase 5
2 iloks
1 macbook pro
2 pc's (unsuable atm)
1 ibanez ts9
1 boss tu2
1 boss odb3
1 boss dd6
1 ehx black finger
1 ehx big muff pi
1 decibel meter
bunch of cables

Might've forgotten something, but that is most of it

Dude i would seriously consider a Recto, just put it with your baggage. The price difference should more then warrant the extra luggage price.

But if you are really pushing for something smaller maybe like a Tri-Axis or Recording pre?

Something Mesa for sure considering the price differences.

What Jason said. Get a New 2010 Recto, bring it to Finland on your carry on, done. If you don't end up wanting it, sell it for more than you paid!

Dude i would seriously consider a Recto, just put it with your baggage. The price difference should more then warrant the extra luggage price.

But if you are really pushing for something smaller maybe like a Tri-Axis or Recording pre?

Something Mesa for sure considering the price differences.

No switchable voltage switch on Mesas

!B9SKcCwEWk~$(KGrHqIOKpgEy+jC)cqkBM5WFi0t3Q~~_12.JPG

Yeh I've brought a few Mesa amps back from my yearly us trips. Always just put it in my luggage, packed the head with socks and stuff for extra tube protection. Works perfectly fine with a step down transformer and has saved me about $10k by doing it this way rather than purchasing in Australia.

I simply took my guitar with me in the plane, as hand luggage. Not shure if it's possible in the US, though. You could also ask the crew right before you enter the plain, and they can put the guitar somewhere safe and give it to you by hand afterwards (And not put it on the transport Belt).