LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

Second thought, really really love the tone on part 5 as well! Awesome stuff!

Oh good, you make my tired myself a little bit happier :)

Rune - yes I will be making gainbooster clone as soon as i can get all the parts. (which can be in worst way 2-3 weeks if the FET transistor will have to be ordered from Asia/US)

srob7001 - loudness issue is solved with our mod, which lowers the signal volume right before final amplification in the SP. It is the exact way to make it sound as it should sound without shaking walls :) However, I understand your need for lower power amp - if not for other reason, surely for price.. There is no need for huge almost 150W transformer and 4 transistors when you can have two and small transformer. I will think about it and modify another SP PCB I have built to have only half of transistors. And order new transformer. I am 98 percent sure it will work as intended - lower volume but no change on sound.

By the way - with our mod on SP it is even possible to turn SP on max without getting deaf :) Maybe something for users who want to use it both for studio/room level and for gigs etc. Little switch solves everything.

Would be great if you either made a half power version or had a switch to have full power and half power. It's not even so much about a price decrease as much as I and others just can't use full power amps...it would just be way too much power and volume to play in my house.

Other than that I think this whole project is coming along great! Seems like all the bugs are getting worked out and it sounds fantastic. I am getting more and more excited about it every time I hear new clips or see new videos.

Thank you and all involved who have not let this project die and are determined to make this work and work good.

Oh man, was it a week already? Damn my time schedule.

Anyway, new cases are done (300mm deep as opposed to 220mm deep), I am at the moment making second V9 PCB to make absolutely sure no problems are present.

Oh, by the way - found the original transistors for JE1000, they are on the way. Can't wait to test the sound.

And again, thanks for all the kind words!

srob7001 - there will definitely be a switch on SP1000 to enable room level playing. After considering various options, I think that the best will be using a selector switch on the rear panel to make sure it won't get switched to loud by accident. Something like this
pbs-110-e-change-over-switch-115v-230v-10-pieces-a-pack_bujyax1337235785113.jpg

Oh man, was it a week already? Damn my time schedule.

Anyway, new cases are done (300mm deep as opposed to 220mm deep), I am at the moment making second V9 PCB to make absolutely sure no problems are present.

Oh, by the way - found the original transistors for JE1000, they are on the way. Can't wait to test the sound.

And again, thanks for all the kind words!

srob7001 - there will definitely be a switch on SP1000 to enable room level playing. After considering various options, I think that the best will be using a selector switch on the rear panel to make sure it won't get switched to loud by accident. Something like this
pbs-110-e-change-over-switch-115v-230v-10-pieces-a-pack_bujyax1337235785113.jpg

A week has gone by way to quickly, and as of still no more contact with the mod tech, so version 9 could be the final one for me at least, might be some contact in the future of course.

Great that you got the original transistors for JE-1000, was it easier to get the original caps and resistors? I thought some of those could be a nightmare to get your hands on.

Yeah a switch like that could work out, something that is hard to switch and out of reach when you want it to, but still easy enough when you have to. Excellent suggestion!

I guess there would be no more testing till version 9 and JE-1000 clone is ready to go, I think you got it covered as good as you could with that guitar and it's specs.

The switch, I think, is a great idea!!! That way if full power is needed at some point it is available.

Also very excited about the JE clone you will making. The one I have SUCKS!!!!! Terrible sound.....looks like a 12 year old made it.

ok, I'm blind:)...btw, what do you prefer, guys? H4 + JE-1000 or H2 + JE-1000 or J-50BC + JE-1000? ... I can't decide...to swap H4 for J-50BC or not to swap...that's the question:D

id really like the J50BC with an ORIGINAL JE-1000 but on the otherhand the sound from my EMG HZ h4- MM04 is Super evil aswell. thank god i got multiple guitars :p

The J-50BC + Original JE-1000 is gold, buuuuuuut it really depends on the pickup, there is many versions and variations of the J-50BC, some lack output, others are too trebly and too much output, some have more creamy mid tones and others are tremspaced or not. There is at least 4 different versions to my knowleadge, you have to get lucky, seems like their all wound a bit different, and they all kind of fades a little during the last 30 years so, you can't really expect a good resault.

EMG HZ H4 + any gainboost is too much output, so you have to turn it down, too bassy and too much alike the EMG 81. But better than most pickups and good for modern bodom.

EMG HZ H2 + any gainboost, so far this combo isn't very good for Lee jackson GP-1000 amp, it sounds very dead, but with my other amps it sounds killer. Maybe thats why alexi changed amps as well.

The J-50BC + Original JE-1000 is gold, buuuuuuut it really depends on the pickup, there is many versions and variations of the J-50BC, some lack output, others are too trebly and too much output, some have more creamy mid tones and others are tremspaced or not. There is at least 4 different versions to my knowleadge, you have to get lucky, seems like their all wound a bit different, and they all kind of fades a little during the last 30 years so, you can't really expect a good resault.

EMG HZ H4 + any gainboost is too much output, so you have to turn it down, too bassy and too much alike the EMG 81. But better than most pickups and good for modern bodom.

EMG HZ H2 + any gainboost, so far this combo isn't very good for Lee jackson GP-1000 amp, it sounds very dead, but with my other amps it sounds killer. Maybe thats why alexi changed amps as well.

emg alx sounds killer!

emg alx sounds killer!

I agree. I have the EMG Alexi P/U w/ ABQ in my RR24M and it sounds awesome! It produces a really great sound through my set up, and I love how small it is in the guitar, plus the plug in play wiring EMG has is great. Really easy to upgrade a guitar you already have with their method of wiring.

It really is my best sounding guitar, but I know the P/U alone is not the reason for that. I put a big brass block on the tremolo and the guitar has so much resonance and sustain it's not even funny. I recommend any of you guys with a Floyd try the brass blocks out. Worth every penny IMO.

I think it depends on what you are looking for tone wise. From what I remember reading when researching these items the titanium and tungsten blocks accentuated the highs, which with my guitar I did not need. I wanted more of a rounded balance between the highs, mids, and lows that the guitar makes on it's own. And I felt the brass was a better option to get that. Also, no way in hell I'd spend the money they want for the titanium or tungsten. The brass block wasn't that expensive, yet yielded great results. Just don't get one that is too long or you can't keep the rear cavity cover on the guitar. I just got a standard length one, but it is about twice as thick as the stock one that it came with.

Here is a paragraph I pulled of a website about the 3 types:

It is important to note, with all three offerings, all offer an upgrade in resonance and sustain. The Titanium block is the only stand out in that, it tends to be more bright/more treble than the brass offerings. The brass and tungsten just adds that extra "umph" in terms of low end, whereas the titanium is more bright. There are players that prefer a crisper tone and may prefer what titanium has to offer over brass. All blocks offered from both vendors are available in different lengths depending upon the depth of the cavity or how a guitar is setup - recessed or fixed. Make sure and check your existing block's length to ensure you order the right block for your Floyd/guitar.

Here is a link to something with more info and sound clips:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/91695-TONE-REPORT-Titanium-Big-Block?

...long time and no reply from me. I know :/

To the business then: These are pictures from (not yet finished) 3D model of GPSP case I will be making. I found out, that it takes much too long to make the case by hand, therefore I will be ordering the parts from an external company. They will also cut it and drill it with water jet.

Much nicer design.
No increase in price.
Faster and more comfortable building.

The other V9 prototype does not seem to have any issues (same as first V9 prototype), therefore I am declaring it a functional version and will try to make PCBs in China very quickly.

Also, transistors and other parts for JE1000 have arrived. Will be making hand-made PCB in 1-2 days and leaving it to RR480 to test out.

Take care. I promise that from now I will keep you posted as soon as some (even minor) progress is done.
16B9DPs.jpg

XApd0dU.jpg

l6HMibz.jpg

Looks sweet, great that the project is making progress. JE-1000 seems to be done this or next week I guess and the PCBs would take up to three-four weeks I guess? How long does it take to make the professional rack cases?
Seems like it is time for some new test round with JE-1000 and then people can throw in their orders based upon the sound and of course me and the other early orderers will participate some more test sound/video things.

I have 3 companies that will be competing for best prices on the case. Sent them the specs and will wait for the replies. After that, the manufacturing of the first batch of cases (I am thinking 3 or 5 for starters) is a matter of 2 days if it is a local company or 5 days if it is a company from other city.

Also, JE1000 1st prototype is done, RR480 will receive it 30 minutes.

PCB have been ordered from China, I was promised 2 weeks.

rCWf2aN.jpg

Nice to know the schedual. Can't wait to hear more clips!

But what is with the dipswitches and on/off switcher on the JE-1000?
Some of the parts does look a bit weird, but that will be fixed as soon ad you'll get your hands on the original.

those doesnt look like dipswitches, more like on off push buttons, (for the ones who are like WTF) its like the volume knob on the ALX ABQ set, pressed on, pulled off.
to be honnest dipswitches would be prefferd. with access from underneath. like when its installed in the guitar, you can just remove the coverplate and access the dipswitches right away, but i have all thrust in twcc to sort that out :D

he is doing awesome work to be very fair :)