LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

that is utter bullshit, then he shouldnt add mods to the GP1000 either, maybe only the alexi gainstage mod but not the rest, atleast if he follows your logic.

a push-pull know aint a real change u silly, its creating 2 circuits where the push-pull/switch chooses the circuit. its like no frigging difference.
besides who is crazy enough to drill a hole in his guitar for a silly switch!?

but i understand some people want to have switch, thats why i suggested an option for both.

stop bargaining for your gain only, think that he does this to sell and earn money(also keep us happy but his effort needs rewarding)
for that he needs to have clients more then just you. im sure other people might want a combo option also.
and about the MM-04 and ALX, some people just want to have the authentic things, you should know since u have a wildchild replica

stop bargaining for my gain only ? dude the MM-04 and ALX ABQ is designed After an JE-1000, im speaking in general about what what is, not saying that he ISNT going to make other versions, i just expressed my opinion about all this, what are you on flames or so ? easy up man, twcc will probably design just the retail JE-1000 PCB board and its up to him to either sell standard versions of the JE-1000clone so you as buyer can change the volume pot to an pushpull one, or maby if he is kind enough to order an bunch of pushpull pots he will solder them to the PCB, how can i as just an member up here tell others what to do. it was just my opinion about the situation and my kind of idea, u have another. respect the fact all people are diffrent

Pull pot or always on, as srob stated.

We're talking ease of use here and those two options are the best ones. There is no need for a totally authentic copy of the booster, and anyone in favor of that is arguing semantics.

Now that's what I call a feedback!

Thanks for your opinions and I am really glad that everyone has mentioned his desired version. I can see that the most of you prefers the non-switch version:) That really makes sense if you don't have drilled hole for switch in your guitar. The difference between "always on" and "push/pull" is just a type of pot.

Generally, we are open to make as much as possible versions for everyone's needs...so if you have any suggestions, feel free to tell us. We are not a factory, we do not produce regular products for regular customers - every pre-amp, amp or booster is custom-hand made(not talking about cases - I'm sure you understand). Everthing will include a proper manual and will be tested by me. You can also have your name written inside GPSP and before shipping, we might record a video where I'll play your amp with booster:)

Edit: my GPSP also passed a small crash test few weeks ago - fell down from ~70cm during transport. Absolutely undamaged.

Haha that option almost started a war here, calm down guys, it's all the same if you want a push pull pot or a switch, I can see that the guys who don't own Alexi models do not want to drill a new hole and that's fine, it is easy to chip the paint if you're not careful, even I've done that mistake in the past.
Looking forward to some clips soon, can't wait to hear if you've guys managed to get the JE-1000 as it should be. GPSP would probably start assembly next week if everything went according to TWWC's plan. Hard to imagine that it's been a year since this project started....

Heh, I was away for a few days and came back to third world war :D

First - progress. I believe pics speak for themselves. I will do some cutting and soldering today.

wTjaOIF.jpg

D6YbrKp.jpg

Result of waterjet cutting is.. how shall I call it.. meh. The company promised that it will be possible to cut 2.2mm and 3.0mm holes, and also cut holes for fan and rear connectors to U profile. However, during the process they found out that the U profile pieces are not suitable for cutting on waterjet - the enormous pressure pushes them away and it is not precise enough. And they only shot through the small holes, so I have only 1mm pilot holes.

Long story short, I still have to cut some holes and openings by hand (hate this part). And it seems, I will be building this on the video...
Why?
1) because I can :D
2) because if I make 5-10 cases with its help, the money saved will be more than money spent on the machine

Only problem is time to build it and order parts. I will probably make first GPSP orders with RR480's help in my garage by hand. Quality will be still very high, it is only more time intensive.

Aaand now to the topic of last few days:
RR480 explained my own unspoken thoughts very well - Because all these projects (GP, SP, JE) are low count versions and we don't really think we will be making hundreds of them, each piece can be customized as you wish.
Want push pull pot on JE? No problem, I understand you don't want to drill into your expensive guitar.
Want JE always on? Sure.
Want JE with standalone switch? Of course.
Want JE with reverse pushpull? (pushed in = on, pulled out = off). Yep.
Want anything else? Maybe a rotary switch which would work in place of the DIP switches, so you can change tone easily while playing? Absolutely. No. Problem.

Well.. back to work now.. I am going to cut PCBs and start soldering.

Thanks for all your support and like Rune, I cannot believe this project is now a year long.

Last edited by a moderator:
One word: excellent!
Great news and awesome ideas about JE-1000 options.
Hope you'll don't stress too much on the gpsp, it will be done when it is done. Hit me up with a email if you need anymore guidelines or ideas,æ! Thank you and looking forward to see the final version(s).

I am back and I bring good news.

Version 9 is perfect. No strange sounds, no hissing, output is very quiet even on high volumes and with internal trimpot turned up high.

Also as you can see, the case is rather nice. Will be even nicer when the front panel is painted. In fact I am going to paint first layer right now. Transformer for SP will arrive tomorrow.

JAjKDOt.jpg

ZfjP59s.jpg

yyTuWGR.jpg

eslvF7L.jpg

Other than that, here is a pic of JE1000.

SgsHO2x.jpg

And recording will be done in following days.

Pure gold when it comes to professional design on every part of the GPSP, andvthe JE-1000 looks better than the original by far!
Great stuff!
The outline of the knobs on the front panel has changed a bit and I can't really tell what is what anymore, but I guess some prints will be done soon enough!

Btw the design is so pro that even Alexi himself or his techs should at least get to try this out for a rehersal, it is a lot more versatile than the original. And JE-1000 clone should and would sound better than any mm-04.

Yup, Alexi should definitely see this thread. Is there some kind of order queue already? If Rune gives good review for this, I will 100% sure buy one.

I guarantee that this will give you a unmixed Bodom tone, just like documentary solos and some of the live clips. For better sound you need to mic it and drive the sound through a DAW with added effects, EQ and volume-shapes. This box should cover Bodoms sound from late 98 to 2008-9. As it includes mods done prior to 99 and 2002-3 to Alexi's orginal unit. And you could get a more modern versatile sound with second E.Q. Don't worry RR480 will post both video tests and written review. And I will do the same when I get mine.
Also I think Jim Woodworm will recieve a unit and he'll post a soundcloud clip as well.

I have been away for some time and have missed the excellent work you guys have done. And for the wounderful input of all forumers! This is pure gold for us CoB fans and guitarplayers. :)

I'm very interested in getting a GPSP and several JE-1000, jep several! At the moment though I'm in the middle of relocating to another town so my money has to go to that for a few months before I got a new job and all. But I'll let you know further on! :)

I'm guessing there will be some updates on the finished product pretty soon now. And with upcoming tests. Great that more and more people are interested in this project. All thought there seems like the interest in the original Lee Jackson is lacking as well as a lacking overall interest for V shaped guitars at the moment. So there is easy to get some great stuff for cheap again. But this model will be useful for more than Alexi/Bodom stuff.

Yes, there will be updates (read as "finalized unit") in a few days - until Wednesday I am off limits, family problems, sad stuff :/

We would like to do recording before weekend, hopefully it will be possible. After that I will pack the unit and ship it Rune as quickly as possible.

Aaalso, we have managed to acquire some cool stuff. It is sitting on a bench right now, waiting to be disassembled and maybe tuned up, or made smaller.. we will see.

Bonus points for first person who can guess what this thing on my floor is :p
Fw65P39.jpg

Take care all!

Hint I know what it is and I've also have one of those in one of my rigs. :)

Sad to hear about the family trouble, never easy no matter what it is.
And yeah, soon is the word on the final product, and within a couple of weeks you all could start processing orders n' stuff.

News from a quick test of the pictures in the young guitar thread. Distortion button really doesn't matter in the GP-1000. No mather what you set it to when pulled it is still distorted, and the more you pull it back, the more the other tone knobs shines through....Very weird amp, if not the weirdest! So Bodom guitar tone is now really sorted out for all eras. Gain mods and tone-stack mods are still required, at least a little bit to get sustainment which is important in Alexi's style.
Funnily it is the most important setting on the whole amp, and that's the knob caps Bodom decided to rip out of most of their units (Roope has three of the knobs caps pulled off and reinserted at weird positions (IE: Distortion at 6 o'clock, same goes for Treble and Mid-shift at 4 o'clock.)).

So the dist knob doeasnt really work as a dist knob?? if you want more gain from a gp1000 you either mod it or put a od pedal in front?? weird indeed! By backing the dist a bit does it remove any muddyness or that horrific shrill the gp1000 has?

The shrill needs a little mod, which I personally added to my original two years ago. It is a very easy mod and has been well known for a decade or two (really an update Lee Jackson did on his 500 or something latest 88 versions). By reducing the distortion knob, it completely removes the muddiness, and also lets the other parameters: Treble, Mid and bass shine more through.
Yes for more distortion you need a couple of mods or a very transparent OD pedal.
For more mid you need an original JE-1000 with the now corrected settings. MM-04 has different frequencies, and is really a part of Bodoms modern sound, therefor the settings are more "treble based".