LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

Not really, only read about it. None of the Lee Jackson pedals are true-bypass, but they are all handmade. Quality wise they should be on par or better than MXR pedals if that helps. Should be fairly good, but as all Lee Jackson builds, they are expensive.

Great man, post some delicious pics of the unit? And are you sending the front rack to the same company as last time for printing? Aaaand did you guys use the new settings? Doesn't matter that much 'cause I will make at least a couple of sound clips when I get it. Have to think about something for video review, because I don't have any suiting video camera for the job.

And here we have the videos.

First - replicas of everything :D Except for the Intellifex and Marshall speaker
box. This video mainly describes the sound of JE-1000 replica with various settings.

JE-1000 replica has one volume pot, one gain trimmer, three tone switches labeled 1 2 3 and an optional gain switch, which is usually always on. The tone gets less trebly with turning on the tone switches. With all off it is very bright. I like it, my player said it was too much for him.

Also, the gain trimmer. It is fine even on 0 %, we found 50 % to be the perfect value and 100 % was quite gainy, maybe even too much. That's why most of the sound you will hear is with gain trimmer on 50 %.

Second video - again playing with various settings on the GP.. there were some parts where I overshot GP master pot, and overloaded Intellifex input. Result - some muddiness. You will probably hear it. Maybe even some clipping of M-Audio sound card. It was kinda hard to watch 3 or 4 separate volume controls while fiddling with the knobs. Anyway, if you wants us to test some specific settings, we are open to suggestions. Right now the entire setup is quite compact, we only need the newest GPSP unit and Marshall box.

Third video - testing the Peavey 50/50 with GP and JE. RR480 got the Peavey thingie, so we thought we might share how does it sound with the rest of the kit.

Last video (probably, maybe I can find some more) - bedroom mod on SP1000. I have added three DIP switches on the rear panel. They are quite hard to move and if needed, can be deeper in chassis to prevent accidental turning on. When all are on, Sp1000 is pure original with its fucking high volume. Turn one of the switches off and the volume drops to around 15 percent of the original (my guesstimate) - you can play it during the day with volume pot on 12 o'clock or more and it is like a medium loud movie. If you turn off also the other two, you can play it even at night, the front volume knob gets very limited maximum volume and you have perfect control of it. Just don't bump the rear "bedroom switch" by accident :D

Most important part - the switch allows you to retain treble and some distortion which is built into the SP-1000. And you don't have to turn up the volume to uncomfortable levels.... like we did during the recording to make sure everything is recorded as in a studio.

Some final words:

Rune - yep, the company that is doing the panel is the same. I will be having it at a discount because of the text fuckup on your panel. The panel you see on the videos is my spare, which is a few milimeters shorter on the sides and probably won't be able to get secured in the rack. For testing it is perfect however.

About the new settings, yep, I have used the values you have specified in your email. Except for the bass pot change - for the life of me I could not find a suitable value pot in all of my boxes.. Have to order some more.

Also, this unit is niiiiiice and quiet on all possible settings. Maybe except for one - the 2nd tone mod (the problematic one with cap and trimpot which I have already mentioned) adds some hum if you don't have the mainboard distortion trimpot on 25 percent and you turn the mod's trimpot too high. This is either a feature - where you have to set it very precisely to only alter the tone slightly, or the tech misguided us a bit. In any way, there is no oscillation and you can try all the various settings when you receive the unit.

Come to think of it.. I have to test out that plate voltage suggestion and let RR480 play it. He has better ears, maybe will spot if there is a difference. Anyway, if I may speak for him, he was quite happy with the tone today and says that he considers the unit finalized.

Oh.. and the pics. Will snap some later during the night and post them here. I'd say the internals look quite tidy and nice.

Now to design stickers for rear panels and wait for your front panel to get back printed and we are finally done. And the PDF manuals of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it is a great test to show off all the stuff with variations, but it kind of barely touches Bodom tone and settings. With either the JE-1000 or the GPSP.

First off all, this is just for VOLUME settings to begin with. The mainboard trimpot inside, must be at 25% at all time to get best as possible sound. I've got it comfirmed by serveral other owners that it is the stock value. This is also important for the level out of the unit into the intellifex. On GP, just use any Bodom settings from pictures, almost constantly it should be before AYDY tour: 10 o clock on both masters, and since you don't have a Sansamp PSA-1, I suggest we just use those settings. After a hell of a lot of research, I've found out that with the trimpot at 25% as it should be the input level of the intellifex should be at 1 o'clock, and it should not be touching red on the meter. It should be constant at the last yellow. Furthermore the output should be between 1 o'clock and full power, not excatly sure, but half way through seems to be where Bodom uses it the most. And they use a setting with mainly only delays (nr.1 on intellifex online), but since this is the LTD version you just have to search for a preset with only delay, ducking and hush, not that nessisary, so you could just use the bypass button on any preset, but the delay is adjusted so it fattens up the sound. All effects live and in studio is mostly from the mixingbord (by other units).
But enough about the Intelifex.

SP-1000 with this settings would be hell of sensitive, so just turn on the bedroom one at once or you will get as ringy ears as earlier. Live volume and studio, Bodom uses it past 12....this is too loud for your surroundings, but the bedroom switch might give you the exact same tone with less DB.

JE-1000 settings with EMG HZ H4: Pre AYDY 1&2 (this might sound muddy with the EMG-HZ, have only tested it with my Jackson CS with original j-50bc and je-1000) on after AYDY 1&3 on with 50-80% gain (the EMG HZ has much more output than a J-50BC).
With the J-50BC you should have the gain on full.

GP settings: These hasn't varied that much since the start, but really the distortion knob is worthless, it should just be the on off switch.

1.Volume: FULL
2.Distortion: 1 o'clock and pulled (Young guitar magazine pointed this out on Alexanders rig, but said it should be set at zero, thought the marker stated 1 o'clock)
3.Treble: FULL not pulled
4.Middle:preAYDY: 10o'clock, postAYDY 8o'clock (since the pot is changed just set it at either 8-9ish or barely over zero)
5.Mid Shift: 3
6.Bass:9-10 o'clock (varies a lot) not pulled
7.Master volume 1: 10o'clock
8.Master volume 2: 10o'clock

Mods to use:
Gain mod 1: the one changing stuff on the first gainstage
Gain mod 2: the one with the trimpot and cap, set it at around 50% as you suggested.

For AYDY tone use the other mod you inserted in my prototype if you can remember.

I don't know if we need the last mod switch for Bodom yet, you have to try with or without on both types of tones.

Bass pot, hmm well don't know if we need to change that, it is something I got as a guide/suggestion from an experienced owner. I think one of the mods should cover it enough, if not EQ 2 really does anyways.

I'm too tierd to think of more; it is like 2AM here now...Hook me up tomorrow and we'll discuss any thing you need!?!

This is better sounding and more versatile than an e530. But I kind of agree that it has been taking too long and that people are considering other options, sad, but true...

Oh shit.. so the tone settings were all off you say. Alright, time for another quick recording, not a problem. After that the front panel should be here and will ship it right away.

Also, thanks for extensive list of parameters to set - will make sure it is set correctly.

Here are the pics of the unit as you wanted.
YOVk9so.jpg

JqcuD20.jpg

ucT3JUE.jpg

azP0b13.jpg

liuaVV3.jpg

bKkazVp.jpg

Well, I don't know what kind and type of microphone you're using? It kind of sounds very bright, and for the old tone, bright is not what we're after, more a low-end and low-mid tone with a lot of sustain.
Parameters are for Bodom. I could get the Zakk Wylde settings as well, and the ones in the manual are also usefull.

Thanks a lot for the pictures! Let's see what the next recording session brings!

Mic is this one - JTS TK-600. I don't expect any wonders from it, for that price. It is from my friend and he uses it for vocals.
http://www.alfaaudio.com.mk/ShowPro...C_MICROPHONE_TK-600_JTS&ct=6229&r=6&c=20&l=54

Also, last time we positioned the mic closer to center of the speaker, directly in axis and 20 cm from front. This time we were using off axis (around 45 degree angle from the top) and it was almost touching the cabinet fabric. And it was positioned a bit higher than last time.

Probably should have bought the Shure mic..

I guess it is fine for it's use and won't sound that different than the shure sm57.
Just stick with the presets and it would be fine.
And be sure to check that the distortion when pulled only muds the signal and don't really add anything. Also check the mods if they add any sustain.

I would love to get SPGP and a JE-1000 but due to the lenght this project has taken I am probably only able to get the JE-1000 since i had to buy a new car and i have to start saving for the SPGP all over again..sadly enugh

Just sell everything except the RR24 LTD and get a cheap harley benton cab from thomann.de as well. It would be worth it!

A little notice regarding the settings I noted previous. The volume input level of the Intellifex could be clipped by some of the mods raising the overall gain, also it should go to red if the JE-1000 is on 100% with EMG HZ H4 since it is a almost double of the output compared to the J-50BC pickup. In both cases, just lower the input on the intellifex to where the last yellow is lit at all times when playing. Try to avoid the red (clipping) as much as possible, because as you (TWCC) said, "it makes the overall tone muddier".

Oh well.. I totally understand some of you are tired of waiting, this project is taking too long. Good news is, that right now it is in the production stage - the testing stage is done. If I may quote Rune from some emails we exchanged, he tested the first prototype he has (with hissing problems) and he managed to get sound he described as "superb".

This new unit (which is 100% done and waiting only for a front panel to get back from the printing company) has no hissing issues, so tweaking is done.

We have been recording in last few days, mainly in my garage, because we were tired from hauling all the equipment to the recording room and back.

This is mainly a bass and sustain test with EMG HZ pickup with JE1000 and low gain.

This is from another day, with J50BC and JE1000 with gain setting going gradually from 0 percent to 100 percent. We were playing with the J50BC for quite a long time, because we did not like the tone so much. Maybe the mic placement was different, but there is some noise and it seems a bit trebly. We have tested the hell out of it and it is quite possible the pickup itself is noisy&trebly. Other guitars behave well. Also, we were recording this with bedroom level mod turned on the SP - could not get very loud in the garage.

This one is CoB - Downfall at the beginning, with J50BC and max gain.. as I said, I think it is a bit more trebly, but otherwise not that bad.

..for this evening/night I am preparing the price list and PDF manual to shahre here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the manual, at least the preliminary version. I will add more stuff as I remember it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/181545262/GPSP1000-USER-MANUAL-pdf?secret_password=13u6uqfa4esvke1y1d0d

Hopefully the link works and it is readable.

alot of it is very technical. like someone who has never heard of the terms used in the footswitch section(me for example) its quite hard.

U should add a more detailed explanation of each EQ what it does, not how the mod works technically but from a guitarist perspective.

also add some settings

VERY IMPORTANT ADD THE SETTING WHICH WILL GIVE THE COB SOUND! :D :p

Didn't think it was that technical, but I'm kind of used to it.
Remember that most of the settings stated around here is based upon owning a Rocktron Intellifex.
Basicly it only changes the master output settings.
If you don't own an intellifex, set one of them to about 1-2 o'clock and it should be about where Alexi uses his in some of the Sinergy shows before he had a second Intellifex online.