LEE JACKSON GP-1000 88 replica for sale

Nope, this will never be dead, I won't stop until the sound is perfect and work finished.

At the moment I am sick, so the progress is slower :/ sorry for that.

About the GP - still waiting for the new tubes. About the SP, see photo. One channel is finished, working tip top. I've been preparing the wave LED indicator today and making preparations for cutting and drilling the heatsink. Tomorrow I want to have it in the 1U case to give it some protection. Then I will make another exact GP replica, as a prototype no.2.

35nc03c.jpg

Nope, this will never be dead, I won't stop until the sound is perfect and work finished.

At the moment I am sick, so the progress is slower :/ sorry for that.

About the GP - still waiting for the new tubes. About the SP, see photo. One channel is finished, working tip top. I've been preparing the wave LED indicator today and making preparations for cutting and drilling the heatsink. Tomorrow I want to have it in the 1U case to give it some protection. Then I will make another exact GP replica, as a prototype no.2.

35nc03c.jpg

which is prototype 2? cuz idk how that looks lol :rofl:

I'll be making second prototype of GP1000. Then fully test both GP1000 prototypes and SP1000. And then we will start making products for sale. I got many questions about the final price - sorry, still don't have an exact number. I will know when I solve the supply of cases, sort out the sound etc..

Also, my "I am sick" has transformed to "sick as hell", so I will have to wait a few days with everything. Can't even sit at PC for more than 15 minutes, physical work is out of the question :/ Sorry.

Gentlemen,

I bring some marvellousness to this dark place. My humble self is pleased to announce that the new tubes did the job!

Sound is MUCH crunchier, edgy, with more high tones, attack, more gain - epicness all around :)

RR480 is just playing next to me, finally smiling. We can't get loud enough because we are at his home, but I promise that the sound from next testing will be perfect. I made one video a minute ago, but the phone camera is waaay too shitty to brag with it.

Stay tuned :)

This is so awesome. Depending on the price I now know where to get a backup if I ever need one :p

Loving these amps and have no intention of using anything else so reproducing them makes me happy (well maybe the ADA mp-1. Those sound great as well, they're just harder to fix if they break).

I dont know how the sp-1000 sounds tho - I might be interested in such a thing at some point. It cost me almost a new power amp to get the tubes in my peavey 50/50 shifted cus there's a lot!

Also the idea that they fit in half rack could make you have such a tiny rig

Gentlemen,

some goodness has arrived - see photo.
2v7vvhu.jpg

I am working very late now, don't have much time, but currently the priority is getting the price lists done for various versions.

Also, found the perfect guy that works with steel and everything - should have the quote on rack box price any day now.

With (some) groove tubes finally here, there is going to be the long anticipated recording session.

Take care for now

Also, one question - the cases will be probably from Aluminium. I don't really want to waste time painting steel and everything... beauty of aluminium is, that you can easily engrave it (YAY, engraved knob indicators and texts) AND that I have homemade anodizing line. In other words, it could be possible to make the front panel black/red/blue/green.. you name it.. if I have the color, you can have it.

Anyone interested, or do you want only the black (made with heavy duty sticker and lacquer layer) or default untreated silver?

homepage.jpg
like this..

Also, one question - the cases will be probably from Aluminium. I don't really want to waste time painting steel and everything... beauty of aluminium is, that you can easily engrave it (YAY, engraved knob indicators and texts) AND that I have homemade anodizing line. In other words, it could be possible to make the front panel black/red/blue/green.. you name it.. if I have the color, you can have it.

Anyone interested, or do you want only the black (made with heavy duty sticker and lacquer layer) or default untreated silver?

homepage.jpg
like this..

if u could pls post the 2 examples?
since i have NO idea to which reffers the above picture lol

It was not the part of GP1000, just an example how anodized aluminium looks.

Here is another example - imagine this colors on front panel with black knobs. The color is not paint, it goes inside the aluminium and is very durable. Same effect as on high-end laptops, but not grey. More color choices.

profile_aluminum_axle_nuts_anodized.jpg

It was not the part of GP1000, just an example how anodized aluminium looks.

Here is another example - imagine this colors on front panel with black knobs. The color is not paint, it goes inside the aluminium and is very durable. Same effect as on high-end laptops, but not grey. More color choices.

profile_aluminum_axle_nuts_anodized.jpg

nice nice, but remember some peeps might just like the original casing or something like that.

but is aluminium also as durable as the other casings and
can you also engrave that adonized aluminium?
can you do it?

btw how is the price list coming up?

Sure, the color would be just an optional extra. The engraving too. Default will be silver/black with black/white paint marking.

Price list is almost done, I am just waiting for a quote from some bulk electronics part suppliers (to make the preamp cheaper when ordering for ~10 pcs instead of 1) and quote from metal working guy, how expensive would the case be from him. The aluminium sheet metal is on the way from factory, should arrive tuesday/wednesday.

Also got together a new drill press for nice holes in front panel and so on.. I screwed up during cutting square holes for switches (too large hole), but managed to fix it with plastic spacer. (don't worry, there are openings for the heatsink and there will be a pair of 40mm quiet fans with thermal switch)

33e4neo.jpg

So youre not gonna make the sp 1000 available alone? Need a new power amp for my gp 1000. Looking forwards to a list price

So youre not gonna make the sp 1000 available alone? Need a new power amp for my gp 1000. Looking forwards to a list price :)

Btw it looks real neat.

Don't worry, there will be many available versions.

From the top of my head:

gp1000 in 1U rack
gp1000 in half rack
gp1000 in smallest possible box

sp1000 stereo in 1U rack
sp1000 mono in half rack
sp1000 mono + gp1000 in 1U rack

Don't worry, there will be many available versions.

From the top of my head:

gp1000 in 1U rack
gp1000 in half rack
gp1000 in smallest possible box

sp1000 stereo in 1U rack
sp1000 mono in half rack
sp1000 mono + gp1000 in 1U rack

why would you want a mono amp?

btw the thermal switch is just a failsafe incase it overheats right?
so what are the possibilities to that?