Left or right hand?

Victorian

Dec 2, 2011
Victoria BC
Hey just got a right handed guitar few months ago. Im left handed and anytime i played guitar before than i used left hand, and everytime i go to air guitar i still go to left hand. But now that ive been practising with right hand its easier to play that way. Do you think i should switch back because im naturally left handed or and that ill become better with left hand in the long run? or just stick with right hand. Im still new so im not sure what hand ill be able to become better at.
Thanks

Im aware air guiar is different.

It's up to you really. It doesn't make a difference if you left handed and play a right handed or left handed guitar. Either way, you have to develop separate motor skills in each hand. Personally, I would suggest that you stick with right handed guitars because of the fact that they're much easier to find. Plus, if you ever want to start buying vintage equipment, finding left handed would be nearly impossible and more expensive.

I am considered left handed because I write left handed. I also eat left handed, smoked (proudly an ex-smoker now) left handed and pick up a drink left handed. However, all sports I play right handed. I am a right handed guitarist, as well. I am left footed and like to start drum rolls with left hand first, so I am much more comfortable as a left handed drummer though. I guess I am screwed up !! The point I am trying to make though is that it doesn't matter. One thing I will say is that you will have more guitars available to you as a right handed player.

Bryant

Hey just got a right handed guitar few months ago. Im left handed and anytime i played guitar before than i used left hand, and everytime i go to air guitar i still go to left hand. But now that ive been practising with right hand its easier to play that way. Do you think i should switch back because im naturally left handed or and that ill become better with left hand in the long run? or just stick with right hand. Im still new so im not sure what hand ill be able to become better at.
Thanks

Im aware air guiar is different.