LEGACY demo from 1984??

one man

Jul 4, 2002
Poland
Visit site
It's been discussed here like a year ago; someone said he'd seen it in some biography or something and Walter called Eric or Derrick (can't remember), but they didn't recall recording a demo back then and said it might have been one of the other Legacy's, but weren't sure as 20 years had passed.

Well, I was lucky enough to get a hold of it a couple of days ago and I must say that it rocks. I'm not certain whether it's "our" Legacy or not (especially given ?Eric's? doubts), but it's really cool. It's a typical mid- 80's Thrash demo, but it's got that "something" and the production isn't as bad as on most demos.
The vocals are pretty good. The singer doesn't really sound like Eric (but it's Thrash, not Dragonlord, so who knows :cool: )- might be Derrick or one of the unknown singers who were in the band pre- Zetro (I've read somewhere that there were a few).
Anyway, can someone confirm its authentity? I've huge doubts, because I've heard they hadn't recorded anything before Steve joined them. But wouldn't it be a coinicidence if another similiar Thrash band called Legacy recorded a demo around the same time? It might be fake, though. However, I'd swear it has the Legacy feeling to it. But, on the other hand, the vocals are too good to replace the singer, in my opinion.

The tracks are: Legacy (1:51), Palace Of Torture (2:54), Intruder (3:05), Soul Snatcher (2:53).

I actually have an unpublished interview I did with Zetro a couple years ago, it didn't get finished (I was supposed to do Legacy and Exodus, but we never got around to Exodus). Pat (Swissman) was going to get Eric to do his part, but that never happened as well, so.....

it says the site is unavailable. I tried once before and it said I didn't have access rights to the site or something
you're talking about the link I posted? try again, it should work. if not, I have these songs on mp3's, as well as the '86 demo- so if anyone's interested, I can send them.
Does anyone happen to have the '85 Legacy demo, which has the same songs as the later one?

I don't know, I just heard it somewhere. Isn't it true? I've heard they've done at least two demos and as the 84 one is a fake, I thought I should believe the guy who told me about the 85 one. But you're better informed than me, so I'm starting to wonder

High Priest Of Evil said:
you're talking about the link I posted? try again, it should work. if not, I have these songs on mp3's, as well as the '86 demo- so if anyone's interested, I can send them.
Does anyone happen to have the '85 Legacy demo, which has the same songs as the later one?

Hey could you do that for me, I'm intrested in the 84 and 86 demo, I would really appreciate it if you could please send it to my e-mail or somehow. :D

They did the one demo, that's all I know, and that's all I've been told about when I asked. And I did ask.

There's a lot of so-called "experts" and bootleggers who make shit up. I know of one "self proclaimed expert" who, when he doesn't know for sure, just kinda makes shit up (there's also an interview where Greg Christian talks about how the 1st song they ever recorded was called "The Legacy", and there's a song by that title on the demo, so.....). And I'm pretty sure that's how there sudenly became a 1984 demo. I find it especially funny, as I had never heard of the 1984 demo until about 3 years ago.... as for the 85/86 date and same songs. Sometimes people get confused and put the wrong date on the tape. And if their copy sounds different because its a bad copy and/or many gens, they assume its a "different" demo.