Let's find ALL the reviews for Specs

Wormwood Chronicles:

http://www.wormwoodchronicles.com/torturechamber/z/zerohour2/zerohour2.html

Zero Hour - Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond
By Dark Starr

These guys have developed quite a following over the last few years, but I have to admit that this is my first chance to hear them. With as powerful a version of prog metal as they produce it's no wonder they have attracted so many fans. These guys are really good! I hear a lot of Queensryche in the band, but that's mostly in the vocals, but they also wander into more progressive rock arenas similar to Dream Theater. Fans of prog metal who haven't checked them out should really give them a shot - Zero Hour rocks.

They open the disc with a nine minute number called "Face the Fear." This one really shows off the band's prog metal prowess well as it doesn't feel anything near the length that it is. That's how diverse and potent these guys make their blend of progressive metal. The thing is, as good an opener as that one is (and it works really well in that slot) they manage to up the ante with the follow up "Falcon's Cry." I know that traditional wisdom is to open with one of your strongest couple pieces and save the other one for the closer, but this start off strong and then get stronger approach is a winner, too. The thing is, they still manage to keep pretty much every slot filled with a solid number and they close on another killer "Evidence of the Unseen." Fans of prog metal, if you don't already have this disc, stop waiting around and get it.