Let's talk wrasslin'

Michael Buffer is a disaster lol. I'm watching World War 3 and his announcement was "Three rings, 60 men, three rings, almost a quarter of a million pounds of muscle and mayhem"

Three rings twice, ok, fine. A QUARTER OF A MILLION POUNDS? Are these mythical giants? Sixty men equaling 250,000 lbs.? By my calculations, if your average competitor is 300 lbs. (which is being generous), that equals 18,000 lbs. I know it's his voice that is iconic and that's what they were paying him for, but he seriously botches something every single time he announces, and half the time, he has cue cards. You're not even expected to memorize it and you still fuck it up? I don't know how I never noticed when I was a kid, but it is ridiculous.

I'm about to start watching the new Mr. McMahon documentary to see what all the fuss is about. I can't imagine there will be a ton of new info for me in here, but I'm sure there will be lots of take-aways when it's over.

I watched through it yesterday and whilst I won't go into any detail until you've watched it - there was nothing there I didn't already know. It seemed to be aimed more at the casual fan than the likes of you and I. I wouldn't say it came close to living up to the hype. It was mostly nothing more than a well produced WWE style docu-series. With that said...

Vince: Came across as to me as delusional, hypocritical, arrogant and heartless. I feel like even without all of the really bad stuff at the end, he still wouldn't have come out of this looking great, if the clips they showed were also going to be used in the original version.

Hogan: Came across as a bootlicker with an inflated ego.

Prichard: Total stooge.

Austin: Not on there much, but some really dumb comments like "I'm not a CTE guy", as if it's some conspiracy theory. Idiot.

Rock: His usual carefully crafted, PR self. Said nothing memorable.

Undertaker: Don't remember him saying anything particularly interesting either way. Vince's dispute over his WrestleMania story was really weird though.

Bret: Well... it was Bret, lol. Say what you want, but at the very least he's consistent.

HBK: Fine but nothing interesting.

Cena: Fine but nothing interesting.

Cody: Exactly as you'd expect. Didn't expect them to show AEW footage though, even if it was quite brief .

Tony Atlas: Brutal in his honesty. Uncomfortable at times but the most transparent interviewee by far.

Meltzer: Came across really well, I thought. Measured, reasonable, knowledgeable.

Shane: Very sympathetic portrayal of Shane O Mac. The story Heyman told about the creative meeting with Vince and Shane was just... the fuck?

Heyman: A natural entertainer, always fascinating to listen to.

Stephanie: Mostly came across well.

Triple H: A bit full of himself at times, some typical WWE propaganda comments, but overall level-headed.

Trish: Eh... neutral for the most part.

Linda: Much like her WWE character, mostly bland and didn't have much of substance to say.

Bischoff: More confrontational towards Vince in an interview than I've seen him in a while. Otherwise the same regurgitated soundbytes you've heard from him in any other documentary about the MNW over the past two decades.

So yeah, overall a lot of people saying nothing of interest to a long-time fan, but maybe for a casual it was interesting or shocking? I don't know.

I kind of assumed there would be new info or if there was it would be little snippets. I admit I find it funny when Tony Atlas said he didn't like when Pat Patterson grabbed his pecker in the locker room and the interviewer was like "...what?" and then he repeated it lol. I finished episode 4 last night so I'll watch the final two tonight. So far though, Vince is just a very unlikable human being. Even when he's trying, which he obviously was for this documentary, he can't pull it off. His ego, inflated sense of worth and the fact that he's so disconnected from reality is very off putting. When you're that much of a narcissist, it's impossible to hide it.

So far, my personal favorite moment of him being a ridiculous piece of shit is when he all but admitted that he raped Rita Chatterson with his mention of the statute of limitations. I think that moment probably got a collective eye roll amongst most of us. Why even mention that? Because he's guilty as hell.

So, final thoughts:

Vince came off as extremely unlikable. The bit where he thinks Taker doesn't remember the Mania 30 match because it was "traumatic", not because it was a concussion was fucking weird and stupid. Why would it be so unbelievable that he'd suffer a concussion? It happens all the time in wrestling. Trying to make it something it wasn't is very, very strange. It's very clear that Vince is a pathological liar.

Meltzer as a wrestling historian is great. He's very knowledgeable. It's really his "reporting" that I have a problem with. It's all his opinions and he presents it as fact. I feel like he's wrong more often than he's right these days.

You almost have to feel bad for Shane and Stephanie. Growing up with Vince McMahon as your dad and dealing with all the shit that comes with it has to take it's toll. Overall I thought they both came off pretty well.

Austin came off very poorly. Cena, Taker, Rock, they might as well have not even been in this because they added nothing. These biopics are bullshit in some ways. They try to sell you on the fact that "it's the people Vince knows best telling you about him and his life", except it isn't. They're telling you what he/they want you to know. These people all know that Vince is a piece of shit. Deep down, they know that. But as they say in the documentary, he's a father figure to so many of them, he made them household names, he made them rich... they're never going to say anything bad about him even if they know he's a scum bag. Prichard falls into category more than anyone. He has so much loyalty to Vince that he just can't say anything negative. We can call him a stooge, and he is, but it's also just pretty sad. The level of brainwashing going on here is akin to what is happening with Trumpers right now.

The Sable stuff was the weirdest part of the entire thing for me. Vince comes off as very sharp through this. He seems to remember everything, going back decades. Then Sable gets brought up and all off a sudden he can't remember anything? There's a lot of fuckery going on there. The relationship that Vince has with Brock Lesnar is borderline creepy and it feels like that relationship, with Sable being Lesnar's wife, is playing a part in him not wanting to talk about it. Clearly he knows every single detail about that lawsuit, the sexual harassment, etc.

Overall, yeah, not much going on here. If you didn't know anything about Vince or his life, I could see it being eye opening. But there was basically nothing new.