Life Quality Poll 2007

How has the past year treated you?

• Absolutely shitty

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • O.K, no complaints.

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • My life is excellent, Hugh Hefner would be envious.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
I voted shitty, although had there been an option between shitty and OK, I would have voted for it.

Shitty times at a overall shitty job. I'm poor. I expect things to pick up greatly in about 1-2 months.

Divided along similar lines as those before me:

Work: pretty crappy. The pay is nice, and it has allowed me to reduce debt dramatically in a short time, but the hours and the schedule have fucked my personal pursuits:

Sex/relationships: quite good actually, being seeing one woman now for the past eight weeks and I can even understand why people get involved in such things again.

Hobbies/Interests: fucked, see above.

I suppose I can't complain beyond what seems the more shallow whining, but honestly I don't believe I can stomach the current job much longer. I'll likely have to take a cut in pay, but it seems worth it in light of being able to have control of my life again.

Work: Dull but bearable. I'm earning enough so that I don't have any monetary worries whatsoever, and my savings are coming along nicely. Download's gonna kick a dent in my bank account for a month or two, until the guys I'm buying tickets for pay me back in full, but I can cope.

Friends: Pretty kick-ass - I'm still tight with my best/oldest friends, I'm managing to get back in touch with a few folks I haven't seen in a while, so my social life is improving once more, and new people I've recently met seem cool too.

Family: Not pissing me off as much as they usually do, so thumbs-up there.

Sex: Non-existent at the moment - the penis remains dormant. Can't be arsed with relationships at the moment anyway, I think I'm gonna be a manwhore for a while.

Other stuff: I've gotten into a new band, and things are starting to come together nicely in that respect.

So yeah, generally shit's pretty good. Could do with more vagina, but that's a small grumble overall.

Apart from my work, everything about my life is good. I have great friends and thus a good social life, I have a great girlfriend who I have moved in with over the last year, and a great family who are really supportive of everything I do.

However, I really dislike my job. It's actually quite well paid, and it's definitely good for the CV, but I just don't enjoy it AT ALL. I've tried to get something different recently (I think I want to go into I.T.) but haven't had much luck. Hopefully something will change for the better soon, because at the moment hating my job so much is really bringing me down. I'm contemplating going back to uni and doing a Masters but money could be an issue.

Generally I'm pretty happy right now, mainly because this Summer is going to RULE. I'm going to three metal festivals and I have a 10 day trip to Italy with the missus. Having that to look forward to keeps me going at the moment. However, if by the end of the Summer I'm still in this job with no prospect of change ahead then things aren't going to be so rosy :erk:

pretty bad now, but i always have my head up. i mean... what it comes down to is that none of us really have problems at all. look around the world, shut the fuck up.

When my life periodically turns to "shit", I take this viewpoint and it puts everything in to perspective.

A child is starving in the Sudan and I'm here po'ed that my Cafe Latte isn't frothy enough.'

Pretty good I guess. I have an easy high-paying job that requires alot of call ("They gave Dude a pager") and occasionally some seriously long hours.
My son is awesome and my family life in general is getting back to normal after my debacle earlier this year. I'm probably going to be moving to one of my favorite places on Earth this summer or fall and renovating an old house to my personal specs. Really the only thing I need to do is work out like I did in high school. And I'll be doing that when I get a garage and an Olympic set.
Guess I can't complain, really.

yeah what happened (pm with uncomfortable details)

all of you people who marked anything less than great, i think the real underlying reason is you don't listen to TRAGEDY enough. need to post some songs again...if you pussies can handle ludicra and kylesa i know you can handle this shit

No moisen bint to my name, but general goodness to greatness. Hellishly annoying job that pays brilliantly (thanks to temporary circumstance), so money is no object. Still got enough time to follow up on these long-running projects, like bands, record label and webshites. Great friends, most of whom I live with now, and thoroughly good drinking.

well check what the shipping would be on that, maybe we can make a deal

on a related note i once ended up losing like $200 when some bud i paid for got lost/seized in the mail. that sucked. never again.