Life Quality Poll 2007

How has the past year treated you?

• Absolutely shitty

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • O.K, no complaints.

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • My life is excellent, Hugh Hefner would be envious.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Prison said fuck off. Incredibly dark mood, slowly lightening up as I think about imported beers.

I've been in a real pernicious mood as of late. I'm completely absent with patience towards my fellow man, friends and strangers alike. This attitude is not accompanied by depression, I'm not of the mopey sort, nor is it accompanied by angst, (what am I 14?) Simply speaking, I don't care to see or hear another living human being murmur trivialities in my direction. Life quality in 2008 isn't too far removed from 2007, vacuous days filled with redundant toil. Ahhh fuck it all

I don't even remember if I've posted in this thread yet and I sard looking. But I guess I could say life is definitely easier now than it was a year ago, although I continue to feel a bit stagant as far as my housing situation goes. I've got a less shitty job now that's much closer to home. Not making as much money as I was, but making enough for my expenses, and the lower daily stress level makes up for not being able to buy as many toys.

I think I've got a better outlook on the future now than I did a year ago. That's good too.

All in all: :headbang:

My grandmother died the other day....
which was the same day I found out I'm* having another child.
Ahh, the circle of life.

*the wife

That said, I'm just watching house prices plummet while enjoying my rather awesome job. I'm concerned about the economy though - not so much for my own personal situation but more for my government attempting to bail out deadbeat homeowners and lenders with my own goddam tax dollars. Once again, in America, if you're a responsible citizen, you get fucked in the ass, whereas if you're an asshole - well, HERE'S SOME MONEY!!!
If I was fluent in a foreign language - other than Spanish, which isn't a language per se - I'd be right the fuck out of this dump.

Things are going OK, I guess. I was going to try to be a paramedic/firefighter, and had even applied and been asked to take the tests and meet with a recruiter, but the wife deemed it an impossibility that we'd be able to sustain our car/house/baby payments. Which, I conceded, is true unless we moved to an apartment. I still work for Lowe's, and will probably transfer to a new store soon. Still unhappy there, but the job is cake and it pays for a pretty good life. Just lately, my sister, wife, and coworkers have all told me to go back to school and get an accounting degree, because of my freakish Good Will Hunting-ish way with numbers. For some reason, I've always been good with numbers. So I said sure. I'm meeting with an adviser on Monday. Lowe's will pay for it, so bring it. Accountants make bank these days.

The kid is a handful, but she's a lot of fun. Making more noises, and doing something new everyday.

The bad news is that my mother's cancer returned and this time the outlook is grim. She defeated the tumors on her lungs, spine, and liver. Now it has gone to her brain and in spinal fluid. We just found this out today, actually. She has been given months to live.

My life rating 2 days ago: B
My life rating now: F-

The kid is a handful, but she's a lot of fun. Making more noises, and doing something new everyday.

The bad news is that my mother's cancer returned and this time the outlook is grim. She defeated the tumors on her lungs, spine, and liver. Now it has gone to her brain and in spinal fluid. We just found this out today, actually. She has been given months to live.-

Very sorry to hear about this Jeff. Stay strong my friend.

That sucks, dude. Anyway, I say be a firefighter. Wait a few years though so the child is old enough to go to preschool and then the wife can go back to work. Firefighters don't make much money relative to what certain* child-things cost, but it's a kick-ass cool job.

*a house in a good neighborhood, private schools, traveling sports teams, the safest cars, etc.

I just studied American civics (? dunno if it's called that, realia we say) in University and it's funny that everything dorian gray have written in this thread is like taken out of our textbook.

On topic: Life is pretty damn great

I have nothing what so ever to complain about. I'm a student with loads of spare time, no financial problems (for the moment, I don't even lend money in order to study, since I have a lax job of taking care of old people in their homes), I'm healthy (or at least I think so), I have a bunch of good and honest friends, I'm getting closer to a proper degree that will hopefully give me a job, I can read and immerse myself in stuff that I really like -- in short, I'm so pampered that I have to care for none but myself. Oh, and spring is coming and it's sunny outside. I also live in an age and country were the material standard is ridiculously high and the material problems negliable, all though the spiritual ones are a lot more pressing. It's also pretty awesome that I can sit here with no worries rocking out to Dark Tranquility